Hey SS i havent used one but ive had one in a my hand a few times now both in the 8000 and 6000. IMO i think they are a sweet reel and for a size comparison the 6000 is the same size as my old baitrunner 4500B and half the weight :laugh: . Im looking at the 6000 to go on the new surf rod just gotta raise the coin :pinch: :pinch: :laugh: cheers OS

• 2 weeks later...

Gday.I had a good look at both the 4000 and 6000 Thunnus CI4.For me it's definitely going to be the 6000. The weight difference between a 4000 Baitrunner D and a 4000 Thunnus is close to stuff all, however the difference between a 6000 Baitrunner D and a 6000 Thunnus is quite marked.They're not exactly cheap so I'll just sit on my hands for a little while before I blow my dough but it's high on the list.Cheers.

I had a look at the thunnus ci4 8000 yesterday and while I was impressed by its size (geez thats deep spool) I've realised I don't want the baitrunner option. I honestly wouldn't use the feature that often and I didn't realise how much length that it would add to the reel. A nice reel but not for me, so still on the hunt for a 6000 and an 8000 for after christmas...