Shimano Technium

G'day guys tried searching on the forum and nothign came up regarding Technium....Ive got it on my Penn Spinnfisher 950ssm...cant remember what pound line tho, but anyways im wanting to know if anyone else has this and can recommend any good knots to tie it to my heavy leaders...this is my mulloway chasing reel so it is a substantial pound line. I wasnt a massive fan of how it performed when i first used it but seems a waste to bail on it without giving it a decent chance...i just struggled to get a nice and compact knot so i can wind it onto the spool....any advice would be great, Cheers in advance!Jase

Hey mate good day. I really hate this line, I first tried 20lb Technium because it was recommended to me by a reputable tackle shop and it is absolute crap.(cant believe they even recommended it to me) Don't even bother using this to chase Mulloway. Invest in some good braid rather than risk losing a big mully on this line.Just use an Arbor Knot to attach the line to the reel, I had no problems doing so.

well im pretty much convinced to bail on the technium cos nothign good said abotu it and yeah as i said myself also, it just did my head in with knots and pretty sure it didnt everything the opposite of what i was told it would do....minimal memory(kinks etc) low stretch i think was also mentioned....the 950ss is lovely! so basic! its only for my surf outfit, so whats peoples thoughts....mono or braid? i hear alot of people say mono cos braid gets cained with sand abrasion...im easy, but i just want to be able to chuck alot of line on...im expecting big mullies :D:D...any suggestions?cheers guys!

I'd go for braid if your after maximum capacity on your spool, although I'm not sure whether the Penn Spinfishers are braid-friendly so you might wanna check. I use a Penn 560 Live liner for Mulloway and sometimes the braid gets caught in the line roller so I switched to mono just for that reel. Also if it gets caught in the line roller it can do damage to your braid.Nothing wrong with mono if your chasing Mulloway, its not like you have to feel every little nibble cuz we all know Mulloway just smashes it and go.Platypus is good yea and I personally use Daiwa Sealine lol old school but I love it.Go braid if your reel supports it