Knife Jig Questions

Gentlemen :)I have another 2 questions for you that I can't seem to find answers for on the net so here they are....Question 1) If one were to go to greenly/rocky island jigging what variety of jigs would you take? I'm talking about size/weight and quantity, obviously you would fish to the conditions so i'm guessing up to 400gms. But are we talking say 4-5 of say 100gm, 200gm, 300gm and 400gms. I don't want to run out :woohoo: but I don't want to buy too many :whistle: Question 2) Does anyone on here have/know of a knife jig bag they would recommend? I need something to store them all in but there are half a million varieties of bag out there and I don't reckon I'll be able to look at them all in the flesh :S Thank you in advance for your replies and advice :)CheersSquid

The SHOUT jig bags are the ducks gutz.you can purchase through PlatIf you have some of the longer knife jigs in your bag you may need the Long jig bag..but if you mainly have medium mid 200gram and about 20-25cm jigs you could get away with the medium Shout Jig bag.Heres the link that will put you in the right section.http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/advanced_search_result/language/en/?keywords=shout+jig+bag&x=5&y=5Regarding jig weights, Ive never been to Greenly, but I think you wont have much use for 100Gram jigs...someone correct me if you get the opportunity to jig shallow or at times when there is just no current around and 100gm jigs are possible to use.probably go for 200-300 myself (These are a more universal weight), and should see you finding fish.

I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to these things, I haven't used them much.They have an eyelet on each end, I see many photos with the assist hook secured to the top eyelet along with the clip-swivel or knot to the leader. Does anyone put hooks on the bottom eyelet when "jigging"? Or is this eyelet intended to have a hook on it only for trolling or "luring"?Cheers.

I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to these things' date=' I haven't used them much.They have an eyelet on each end, I see many photos with the assist hook secured to the top eyelet along with the clip-swivel or knot to the leader. Does anyone put hooks on the bottom eyelet when "jigging"? Or is this eyelet intended to have a hook on it only for trolling or "luring"?Cheers.[/quote']The assist hook is attached to the top eyelet as most predatory fish swallow there prey head first. The other reason is that when jigging you are often doing this over heavy reef so this helps avoid hooking the bottom.