snapper burley

all of the above work but method used depends on the conditions your fishing such as current strenght,depth of water etc and that the burley is working for you and not against you. If your fishing deep water areas with alot of current by the time it hits the bottom it could be hundreds of metres away from where your fishing! For me personaly ive had good results with fishing deep water on dodge or slow moving tides by using cube or cut sections of freshly caught mackeral and dropping a few pieces every few minutes over the side which sinks pretty well straight down under the boat where your baits are.In shallow water around 3 up to 10/15 meters a block in bag tied to the front of the boat releases a light stream of berley with the tide bringing them closer and at the same time cubing heavier pieces every few minutes which in shallow water tends to drift further back but concentrates around good casting distance away from the boat where they tend to sit without boat noise etc spooking them .depending on tide movement usually use slighty weighted or just the weight of the bait itself to get it sitting around the area cubes have settled on the bottom.I like fishing at night with good tide movement in shallow water sometimes in as little as 10 foot of water!

tin of cat food.... punch a few good sized holes in it, and drop it over the side...sinks fast, and is slow release... i use it from the rocks as well... few holes, and sail it out better than the australian cricket team....tuna works well from rocks, pilchard tin food is good for the boat.

all of the above work but method used depends on the conditions your fishing such as current strenght' date='depth of water etc and that the burley is working for you and not against you. If your fishing deep water areas with alot of current by the time it hits the bottom it could be hundreds of metres away from where your fishing! For me personaly ive had good results with fishing deep water on dodge or slow moving tides by using cube or cut sections of freshly caught mackeral and dropping a few pieces every few minutes over the side which sinks pretty well straight down under the boat where your baits are.In shallow water around 3 up to 10/15 meters a block in bag tied to the front of the boat releases a light stream of berley with the tide bringing them closer and at the same time cubing heavier pieces every few minutes which in shallow water tends to drift further back but concentrates around good casting distance away from the boat where they tend to sit without boat noise etc spooking them .depending on tide movement usually use slighty weighted or just the weight of the bait itself to get it sitting around the area cubes have settled on the bottom.I like fishing at night with good tide movement in shallow water sometimes in as little as 10 foot of water![/quote']Snake is pretty much on the money, but if you get the chance, add some crushed blue swimmer crab shells in your burley mix. cooked or uncooked doesnt matter. And over xmas, dont throw those prawn shells away. Add those to your burley bomb as both of these are dymomite ingredients that will get the snapper going nutz.