Wirrina Luanch tips

Guys, hoping to take advantage of the flat seas and no commitments and launch out from Wirrina on Sat. Odds are against me with the dodge tide, but since its more open slighlty deepper water it may be my best chance at a feed.Know that Im a chance at the squid a couple 100 metres off shore around wirrina, maybe the same out from lady bay with the chance of a snagging a few snook over the same weed beds. But Id love some areas to try for a few whitting and Snapper. :huh: It will be hard going no doubt with the lack of tide but I heard whispers of it happening sometimes.Will also be investigating Rapid bay area to see if the kings are around yet.To make my chances even worse, I only have a 13ft boat so would like to stay within 3km or so.Love to hear /recieve some tips to increase my chances..thanx :)

Always good size snook on the banks which is on the way to Lucky Bay, troll some lures over the general area. Not hard to find, usually some boats on it & not far from shore. Caught a number close in the shallows in front of the pines too but found they are not as big as the banks ones. Pick up the odd couta out there too. Have done o.k on a dodge there, caught 20 KG's drifting & a few squid.

Garfish should be plentiful around this time of year.Drive about 3km straight out from the breakwater. There should be a number of other boats there.Burley up and you should get more than a feed of gar.I've found the last couple of times when i've gone out, the traces are alot longer. Generally around 3-4 meters.I have also noticed that the garfish down there school a little further back than metro. Im assuming its cos the current is alot faster.Also, keep a jag ready cos you do get nice size squid chasing the gar.Enjoy, good luck and hope this helps.Savage

Its been good to me on big KG but more so in winter/autumn than now.If you have a sounder use it and look for low reefs in 12-15 metres and use beaten squid for bait.In summer try in close 1km to the south for a few KG but not many. cheers brenton

KG seem to be a better winter/autumn target down there, dont get much after mid October. Although it might just be that the target is something bigger in the warmer months :)

If you are going around to rapid bay try drifting about 20m of shore from jetty to the head rather than 100m out for squid we do much better in close. If you find any areas good for whiting or snapper in close let me know because I've been looking for the same sort of grounds but always seem to get rock cod and other rubbish fish

Thanx for all the tips guys. Hopefully get something worth eating!!! I get real frustrated getting rock cod after rock cod, drives me nanna's :silly: :sick: One thing tho, Rapid head, am I right saying that this is the headland to the south of the Jetties and not the one north near the big cave?