brining slimys

Brining is much the same for anything. 1 part salt to 8 parts water.You'd probably be much better of salting them though, to extract all the moisture which sends them soft and mushy.Course salt, liberal coating, layer of salt, layer of slimeys, layer of salt, etc.It will never freeze, but it's not meant to when salted.

slimeys always come up best salted in my opion anyway , back on the east coast i used too work at the local fishermans co-op and was personally responsible for unloading the slimey boat everytime he cam in,now this worked exceptionally well in my favour as everytime he came in so did my fresh supply of bait at the cost of some labour that i got payed for anyway , but anyway gettin back on topic , i used too salt my slimes by placing a layer of newspaper down say 3 sheets thick cavoer that in salt then lay out as many fillets as would fit and then cover this with salt next layer of paper and so on till ya done what you want too do then id leave this on a baking tray outside overnight and usually by the next day its dry enough too bag or wrap depending how quick you plan on using it as we generally went through a fair bit we just used too wrap a handlful of fillets in some newspaper and store then like that although keep in mind we generally had gone through the few kgs of macks within a couple of weeks so i never really got too see the effect of long term frezzing . cheers MM