Smashing Snapper on Soft Plastics Branzino style

Hey mate nice fish indeed, got to be proud as punch over that one. How you liking the Branzino, did it cope alright with that fish, I seemed to notice what seemed like you trying to put extra drag pressure on the fish by holding the spool. Which I thought was weird cos surely the Branzino has a really solid amount of drag in kilo's..so what was going on with that...Only asking as Ive always wanted a Branzino myself but always thought they should of made it in a 4000 size, but in saying that the 3500 should easily take care of 9kilo reds.and considering it only took you a couple of minutes to boat it I guess it looks like it did the job no probss.

ay buddy thanks for the postactually was fighting the fish for 15 minutes almostapplied extra pressure as we wer on a best spot so tried to get it up before people saw and stole our spot lolso i have evry faith in the branzinobst reeli have a steez 4500 maverick saltiga and Saltiga expedition and my branzino is my favi would wory bout the size i run pe3 /30braid on it fit clean 300 metresand then bimitwist knot to a albright to my 40lb leaderand hav caught plenty of snapper all on soft plastics i will add some to my album shortlyi used to own the saltiga 3500 game and to tell you the truth i sold it and got the branzino3000 is a perfect size for snapper and i would never use biggerwith the 7kg drag and correctly done knots you will catch the biggest snapper ever when playing your cards righti feel confident in my branzino and knowing my knots will hold all i have to do is tempt the fish to strike and play the fishing gameif you have any other questions feel free to ask manB)

ah sweet as man, now I know it took 15 odd minutes it all makes sense a bit more now.tks for the awesome response.sounds like you have some fantastic gear in your arsenal dude.:woohoo: :woohoo:Its on my dream/wish list but just a little out of my price range at the moment. Someone mention lotto tickets$$?Hold on, do you work in a tackle store LOL :blink: :blink:

thanks man appreciate thatyeh i used to work in spot on at salisbry few years bak till i started my full time apprentaship.but bak then i did not hav tht gear its only til started tilingi saved up and upgraded my arsenal.best way to man put it on layby and pay it off slowly best way 50 bucks every week here and there any before you no it you have it in your handsi wish i had won lotto too dont worry lolil up load a pic of my main gear jst to prove it lol not tryna brag ro anything but some people dont believe me lol

cheers fellas definielty best reels on the market. you really get what you pay for and werth every cent.its matched with the SALTIGA BAY JIGGER RODRATED AT PE2 /2OLB I WILLL NEVER EVER USE A HEAVIER ROD AGAIN THIS ROD HERE IS AMAZING LIGHT AND BALANCED FLEXIBLE AND HAS BALLS LIKE A V8there few pictures in my album of all snapper caught on thet branzino n saltiga:)

cheers fellas definielty best reels on the market. you really get what you pay for and werth every cent.its matched with the SALTIGA BAY JIGGER RODRATED AT PE2 /2OLB I WILLL NEVER EVER USE A HEAVIER ROD AGAIN THIS ROD HERE IS AMAZING LIGHT AND BALANCED FLEXIBLE AND HAS BALLS LIKE A V8there few pictures in my album of all snapper caught on thet branzino n saltiga:)

Feel free to whack those pics up in Big Reds too. the members will love em in there.:cheer: :cheer:Yeah I just picked up the New Berkley venom King Brown and cant wait to test it out soon.That outfit does look super choice. What plastic did the trick on that one and what weight heads do you prefer. Im interested to see if you like a natural drift and slow sink rate or a medium weight head and one that you know will maintain contact with the bottom.

its matched with the SALTIGA BAY JIGGER RODRATED AT PE2 /2OLB I WILLL NEVER EVER USE A HEAVIER ROD AGAIN THIS ROD HERE IS AMAZING LIGHT AND BALANCED FLEXIBLE AND HAS BALLS LIKE A V8thanks for that man i have a barra spin raider 6 -10kg matched to a cauldia 3000 (the older royal blue job)not in the same leauge as your gear but seeing your 20lb out fit has me itching to put a bend in mine ,on the sp thanks for that ,cheers B) B) B)

no worries buddy any timealsowith the techniquei cast out let it sink and drop to the bottomthen lift n jig up bout 5 to 10 metres and retrive line at the same time. then open the spool and let it drop back down to the bottom again and keep reaping and i have caght most on the retrive up they like it movinggood luck :cheer: