Saltiga Z4500 as a surf reel

Thinking ahout using mine as a surf reel, can't see why not.... any ideas which rod this might match up with well? Was thinking saltiga sensor surf but they are more designed for the sensor surf reel which I think is much lighter than my Z4500.... any one else use this reel for surf fishing? What do you have it matched up with?Targetting mullies and big teeth, need to throw big grapnels and big baits

After using my catalina for throwing metals around I'll definitely be using it for bait fishing from now on. Except off the rocks for snapper, that's mono territory.Casting distance wise you will be sweet with baits. Only main prob you will run into is line cuts from casting, so run heavier braid.

After using my catalina for throwing metals around I'll definitely be using it for bait fishing from now on. Except off the rocks for snapper' date=' that's mono territory.Casting distance wise you will be sweet with baits. Only main prob you will run into is line cuts from casting, so run heavier braid.[/quote']Do they come in surf rods? ie 10 foot plus?

i dont know what rod it is to be honestits a fairly old video here is a more latest videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydj5xnavRV8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=ULin that video he is using a Saltiga Surf 6000 with a Saltiga Ballistic surf rod.i also recently purchased a saltiga surf 6000and looking to get a rod for ithave looked at teh saltiga ballistic and i dont think no1 ever could make a better rod it would have to be the best of the bestand at $530 its pricey. but quality. http://daiwafishing.com.au/?p=4380there awesome rodsone of the best things about the ballistic it is one of the only rods ever where you can use it for a spin reel and overhead reel its amazing by the time you buy a rod each for a spin and overhead decent quality your lookin over $300+ easy,and can chuck 2oz-10z at 13 foot 3 3 peice its amazing.the sensor surf you cant go rong very good value for money and lotta models to chose from.

What rod is that tho?
Neil is using a Daiwa TD-S Surf Rod in that Yalata video FushLups' date=' I would be saying the 12ft 20-40lb H model.;) Not sure if they are still available in Australia but can be obtained from the u.s.BTW - There is no sensor surf reel.[/quote']Yeah my bad mate, I knew there wasn't a sensor surf reel I meant the saltiga surf ;)I'm sure the sensor and the td-s rods would be very similar but cheers for letting me know I'll see what else I can find out - have found them outside of Australia as you mentioned. Looks like a good balance with the saltiga z4500 which is what I want to match. Otherwise I'll just take into a local tackleshop and try them with the sensor surf sticks