Where to find Crayfish in SA waters?

Hey fellow fisho'si'm interested in catching a few crays but im not sure on the technique. areas etc.i'm able to access a fb boat of 5 mtrs so offshore is not an issues.i'm located in the metropolitan but am willing to drive as far as to the bottom of yorkes or victor harbour.your input is very much appreciatedBreambo

Good spots are going to be kept pretty close to the chest I would say :(But generally, the gulf waters themselves aren't going to be much good (only from what I know).The bottom of the peninsulars will be your best bet. You need to find rock ledges or the deep rocky reef areas. You can snorkel and that, but in the deeper water you will be better off registering a couple of pots as a recreational fisher. Heres the link.... Plenty of regulations around these popular fish;http://www.pir.sa.gov.au/fisheries/recreational_fishing/target_species/southern_rock_lobsterPersonally, you would not catch me snorkeling or diving down there these days too many greysuits :ohmy:

If you travel to the bottom of yorkes or eyre peninsula there's plenty of crays if you've got the guts to dive for them.Pots obviously work but its very hit and miss and a lot of effort just for two pots.

ay there if you have the balls and dont mind the odd white pointer or bronzy coming in for a look try the rocky reefs and ledges out from wool bay and edithburge but thats all im gona tell ya . I dont personal dive for them but a close mate loves it . :sh

There are quite a few spots out there but people keep them tight. I've put a fair amount of dive time in sketchy conditions to find the spots i've got. Head south or bottom of yorkes!If you poke around on google you will come up with general areas, if not then pick a spot and start hunting! It can take hours before you'll come across even undersized ones. I've found the further you go from town the bigger they getGood luck