Point Turton Report for a night session.

Arrived Pt Turton Thursday Arvo around 1:30pm-ish. Good news is the Turton turn off coming from Minlanton now has a brand spanking new sign in easy sight so no more missing Flaherty's corner and having to double back :ohmy: Wind was gusting and blowing in from the marina so at least when on the jetty it was at our backs. Started fishing the Marina but was blitzed by trumpeters so headed up to the jetty and fished the end for a while with only small pain in the butt sweep making a show. Moved back down to between the measuring station and staircase to at least have the wind behind me. :clap: Big run on my light line which we all say was reasonable Kingy that unreasonably smashed me :f Had some nice bites with only 1 Doggie making an appearance so at least i felt confident at having a better show of keeping my bait in 1 piece. Around 4:30ish had a few nice salmon in the bag, couple tommies, trumpeters (for jags lol) and a reasonable squid Packed up and went to Minlanton for the cheapest and best tucker around (Local footy club across from the Minlanton Pub) then back to Turton for the night session. Cold wind blasting our backs and a few run ins with floaties which always happens on windy days-no major agro just a few apologies all round, untie the mess and continue fishing. B) Fished until midnight only adding a couple of KG's to the bag. Friday-woke up and was out on the planks around 7:00ish-shouldve slept in longer lol Not a single sign of life apart from that bloody wind. Between 10-11:00am added a couple of very nice ST's (thought they were salmon while hauling in) and some small stuff. Managed to get spiked by one of those nasty little wrassy type fish but at least it only scraped the skin so only a minor irritation for the day. Took a break for tea and a cuppa then on for the night session. Clear night and the wind had died back to bearable. Trouble is no cloud meant very damp slippery conditions-ah well cant have it all B) Only managed a KG - had some nice bites but just not nice enough. Actually had a great hit on my jag when a snook took a fancy to the back of my tommies neck lol-was interesting but no prize there also :unsure: Woke up for packing and heading home Saturday and guess what-no wind and gloriously crisp autumn morning-bloody typical :pinch: All in all not much was caught along the whole jetty over the 2 days. Summing up tommies, trumpeters, salmon, ST's and Kg's about. All were few and far between but a really nice size. Only saw 3 squid caught the whole time. Chatted to a few boaties and all were doing well on the snapper and damn they looked good-nice and healthy albeit dead :evil: At least the doggies werent hassling everyone which was a nice bit of respite from months of dead hauling them every time a bait hit bottom

Great read Spog :)Sounds like you really earned them fish. And isn't it typical of the weather hahaha you put in the hard yards and just as you turn ya back and leave, the wind drops and condition settle lolThat's fishin I guess. Bet it was good to get away and get amongst it though :):)