More Fishing Books...

I thought i'd hit up Borders as they are closing down so books are 50-70% off plus another 10% off the final price.Walked away with...1) Rockfishing Secrets and Ocean Safety $9 (was $20) I've only had a quick flick through it but it seems like an interesting book with a few tips in it that i should find helpful. It has many chapters on reading the water, dealing with dangerous situations and heaps of general fishing info all related to rock fishing.2) Geoff Wilson's Fishing Knots and Rigs + DVD $15 (was $33) I own an old smaller copy of a knot book by Geoff Wilson but this new book is bloody awesome! It is really easy to read and has very straight forward instructions and diagrams on how to tie around 50 different knots as well as a section on how to make up rigs for different types of fishing. The book came with a dvd too but haven't checked it out yet. What I've found most handy about the book is it has a very high quality zoomed in picture of the knots when they are finished so you can see VERY easily what they should look like and to see if yours is the same. Great book!3) Where the fish are: An Angler's guide to fish behaviour $15 (was $33) I don't know how i've lived without this book! It is written with anglers in mind so it doesn't get too scientific but it explains all of the priciples that effect fish and their behaviour. Possibly the best and most useful book i've ever purchased for fishing purposes!!!Last week I also purchased Steve Starling's "Fishing with Soft Plastics". I already own his previous book "On Soft Plastics and how to use them" but found the new one to contain a lot more information that was very useful. If you are keen on starting out with SP's do yourself a favour and grab yourself a copy of this book as it explains EVERYTHING and is laid out in a very easy to read manner. If you've had a fair bit of experience with SP's you will still get a lot out of this book too.I'm always on the hunt for new books so if anyone thinks of anything they've found useful let me know :)CheersSquid

The place had already been pretty well cleaned out but 5 weeks ago when i was last in there i had most of the fishing books. Luckily the missus suggested going into town the other day as the books i bought weren't on the shelf last time i was there.Can't remember exactly but there on Monday but there was a general book on fishing, a few books on fly fishing, another knot book like i bought plus maybe 3 or 4 other random fishing books. Could be worth a look if you are keen because they will be even cheaper now....5 weeks ago they had everything 40% off and when i went in the other day it was 50-70% + 10% so i would assume its probably even lower now.....Grab some bargains!!