need help with my daiwa advantage 2500

hi all just wondered if any one could help me out i have not used my advantage for a while and decided to spool her up with some new line but when i fillied it up there is oni 3 mm of line at the bottom of spool and about 20mm at the top anyone know how i can get it so it sits evenly up the whole spool ?on my shimano reels i have those little black discs that you can add and take off but have nothing with the daiwaany help would be greatcheers matty89

...so there is a gap at the bottom and the top? Is the bail arm screw tight? Has it been dropped/damaged or taken apart lately?If there is a gap at only either the top or bottom, then add or remove plastic spacer washers to the shaft assembly like the attached links; http://www.plat.co.jp/MEGABASS/REEL/RENLLI300/RENLLI300_ima004.gifhttp://www.plat.co.jp/MEGABASS/REEL/RENLLI300/RENLLI300_ima003.gifUsually it is that, if not then it can the a worn bail arm (advantages have a graphite rotor I'm pretty sure, and the 'lifetime bail' spring on these pushes the bail arm against the male part of the joint, which is on the rotor. This and the rotor can wear away, and then like lay can go cactus). Easiest way to tell if its this is by checking if the bail sits perpendicular to the spool (if its tilted down and not at a 90 degree angle with it then its usually wear at this joint).Otherwise it could be a bent or damaged bail, or if the line roller has been put in backwards then this can muck with them also.If its none of this then send it to daiwa.

hi guys thanks for the replys i think station49 has got it as it has not been droped and the spool just seems to be too lower than the bail alarm can u buy these discs as spares as i did not get any with the reel as i bought it off a friend thanks matty89

hi guys thanks for the replys i think station49 has got it as it has not been droped and the spool just seems to be too lower than the bail alarm can u buy these discs as spares as i did not get any with the reel as i bought it off a friend thanks matty89

not sure mate. i have usually received them with my reels... i have shimanos and daiwas and dont recall whether ot not the daiwas came with them. perhaps speak to the store where the reel was purchased.

If the spool has taken a knock to the end pushing the main shaft inwards, it may have broken the pawl in the levelwind mechanism.This is not uncommon ,and can occur on all spin reels.the mechanism is essentially the same as that on on overhead but has two different helix pitch cut into the level wind shaft so as to lay the line at a different stroke on the inward and outward stroke.A sharp blow often results in the small pawl which engages on the shaft breaking off in the helical groove.It is easy to check.If you wind the handle and the spool and mainshaft no longer oscilates in and out this is probably the problem.If your spool is behind the bailarm this is the likely cause and you will need to remove the side plate to replace it.If they are still working it is a matter of changing the spacer washers behind the spool which are there to fine tune the line layup.Hope this helps.