Correct Procedure & Methods to Cleaning your reels

ay fellas i no lota of us have our own ways or cleansing our reels after useits almost important as brushing your teeth i would say and deffintly helps the reels quality perfomance.so just wondering what are peopls methods of looking after there reels.i own a fair but top end daiwa and last thing any 1 would want is for the reels to play up after paying so muchcheers fellas hope this helps other too as its a intresting topic to find out the correct procedures to lookinafter you prized possesions ;)Branzino

I fill a ice cream container with warm soapy water, wipe the reel over thoroughly with a damp not to wet towel or rag.I take the spool off wipe over the rotor. Then I toothbrush Over the reel. Repeat this a few times. Then i dry it with a towel. After a few trips I'll put a drop of oil down the rotor and the handle bearings.

Dont forget your line rollers :huh:

Better make sure they tell you what type of reel etc. eg-If its and alvey theyre describing everyone may be thinking egg beater and wondering why anyone would say "wipe it out' date=' bitta grease then dont worry about it' lol[/quote']havent seen Nev in here yet :P

hahaha, I throw all my gear on the lawn, and give it all a good spray of fresh water while I do the same to my tub. Just have to make sure that I put the scotchbrite pad down first. :laugh: If I remember, I tighten the drags first then loosen them afterwards.Put it all back on my rack and leave it till next time.Dont own any high end stuff,just sensible middle/low of the range shimmano/abu stuff.Im yet to have a failure due to maintenance. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Id rather be using it than looking at it all clean on a shelf. I leave it all assembled , sometimes traces and leaders still hooked, reels rarely leave the seats unless Im improvising.I figure its less time setting up once I get out, or an extar 1/2 hr out on the water instead of greasing my rod at home. Once the anchor drops, the bullsht drops, bait up, down she goes.Each to their own, but I realy cant fathom the amount some people spend on tackle or the amount of specialized setup, but thats a difefrent thread :cheer:

pull spool and handle off reel, wash line whilst on spool with fresh water being careful not to get any in the drag assembly etc , then use non alcohol baby wipes all over the reel , spool , handle. If you dont have these u can use wet paper towel , i dry them after then get a paper towel and spray tackle guard on it and wipe over the whole reel while its still apart , then wipe the excess off with a dry paper towel , let it sit for an hour or so for the line to dry and put it in its case. If my reels need a service they can go to daiwa .