Sheeesh i have some Great mates!

Howdy Strikehook members :) I miss a couple of phone calls on the mobile this morning so i return the missed calls. It was a mate of mind asking me if i can meet him at the Maccas at reynella car park at 11.00am? :dry: As it so happens i had to go wash the school buses today so i agreed that would be fine as it is on the way.When i rock up, here he is with a large foam box and what happens to be in there? :whistle: A Bloody 2 kilo Live crayfish :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :clap:Posted ImageDay like these :blush:

Dosen't matter if it was dead on arrival. To take is to take no matter if it was dead or not. It is said that it was caught yesterday.I'm just pointing out that taking cray out of season is illegal and it should not be encouraged and that obviously some people need educating.

Lovely sized cray mate, I can't even get my mates to flick a line in the Onky :PAs for the 'out of season' thing, well yeah, if season is closed, season is closed. Was produced 'live' to Mick though :SEither way, we shouldn't be bashing Micks thread, this stuff should be reported to a mod if you have concerns, or people will just stop posting on here...

Well i thought he said he got it yesterday? Could mean anything i suppose maybe he got it yesterday, didn't ask him? How long do they live out of water? Maybe it was caught prior to closure and kept alive? I dunno :dry: I was just surprised to get it and wasn't asking any questions, knowing the fella who gave it to me it certainly would not have been caught illegally. :angry:

Sorry MickSA Not having a go at you as your mate could be having you on (bought you the cray etc.) but it needs to be pointed out that the season has ended and maybe we need to be a little more careful on what we say as we don't want people going out doing the wrong thing.

Sorry MickSA Not having a go at you as your mate could be having you on (bought you the cray etc.) but it needs to be pointed out that the season has ended and maybe we need to be a little more careful on what we say as we don't want people going out doing the wrong thing.

Lofty i agree with you 100% :) I was so surprised mate he could have told me he found it crawling in the maccas car park and would have told everyone that. I have never had such a generous thing happen to me before that i was beside myself. I have never caught one myself so have no idea about when the closed season is. They certainly are a unique creature, being able to live out of water like that? :S

"Caught", "Bought" and "Got" all sound very similar :) I used to crayfish out of Robe years ago and the Fish Processors down that way keep the crays in holding tanks for the live cray market.... Knowing Mick well and the favours he does for his mates.. His other mate would have well and truly "bought" it as a return favour... we all do it in one way or another with good mates :)

Sorry guys :blush::blush::blush: I just rang my mate and he got it yesterday from his brother, seems it was caught well and truly before the closure and kept alive by processors at Mt Gambier/Robe.Sheeesh seems one has to be so careful what they say ey? :boot: Now i am going to enjoy it :d/

After a little research back and forth, it has now been established that the crayfish in question was provided through a processor. The mate in question has a brother working at the processing plant.In light of this, the benefit of any doubt is provided by staff here, as we are not concerned with the actions of commercial operations, and the initial post has been modified to reflect this. Apologies for the interference by staff, and I thank Mick for the prompt work and attention to clearing this up.

As said, processors can hold live lobsters well after the closure of the season, we haveheld stock well into July in our tanks, and the public are welcome to buy them live, as long as the purchaser has the appropriate paper work for transporting live crays,which is given to them by the processor !Tim.....Enjoy you lobby Mick..... :)

Sorry guys :blush::blush::blush: I just rang my mate and he got it yesterday from his brother' date=' seems it was caught well and truly before the closure and kept alive by processors at Mt Gambier/Robe.Sheeesh seems one has to be so careful what they say ey? :boot: Now i am going to enjoy it :d/[/quote']Crays are kept in tanks to purge before being exported overseas.Lovely cray well done mate.