Old Oysters 20dz

as the topics says.. i have a bag of oysters.. about 20dz give or take a few.. they are from coffins and went into my freezer just after christmas. so id say they are no good for eating now.am wondering what good they would be to some one as burley crushed up etc??? anyone interested? was thinking barnacles etc are great for bream.. oysters crushed up should work well for other fish ???

You sure they wouldn't still be ok to eat?I mean its not like they would get freezer burn because the meat in encased in a protective shell.Either way they would be great burley for just about any bottom dwelling fish.

Del , as a confessed oyster addict, i can say they would be no good to eat, but because i eat so many i use them crushed as my gun burley..... GOLD LOCALLY I HAVE FOUND .....Since razor fish hard to get , it the next best thing... If you strugling to get rid of them, give me a PM, Cheers Blighty

yeah im an oyster lover as well.. having the shack at coffins bay helps my addiction ;) as i just get them by the bag full at a good price ;p but since i started touring i havnt been home all summer to enjoy them.. so this bag has sat in my deep freezer since christmas. figured they would be pretty good for ground burley for snapper/whiting etc. but as i dont have a boat its not much use to me.

Tell ya what mate...why don't you hang onto them and I'll take you out in the boat one night and have a good go for some reds. At least that way you DO get to use them and it will be out in the boat. I've got a month off coming up when bubs #2 is born next month.

Now thats a fantastic idea and a great offer Jaggs. I cant top that one.Get out there Del and see if you can coax some winter reds with em. Turn the oysters into snapper fillets.