Blades (Vibration Lures) Queries:

Hey Everyone! Recently I bought some TT Switchblades. And are really looking forward to using them. But I have never had much experience with this type of lure. I have really two main questions:What knot do you use to the snap swivel on top? I have heard unlike other lures a knot directly to the lure opposed to a loop knot is better.Secondly what sort of retrieve is needed or used by you guys?Cheers help, would be much appreciated!!

Yer Cheers Damien. I actually thought the same way as you with the loop knot as I use it for my Soft Plastics and Hard Bodies. But I went back and read the article in an old SA Angler called Bream on Blades by Lubin Pfeifer and he said he uses a blood knot. Just so he an keep a constant tow point to the lure.

Yeah I think tying a blood knot will be better. The snap swivel already changes the tow point from the actual lure so I don't think a loop knot is necessary. Because of their vigorous action, vibes don't have to be work too hard. The simple vertical lift and drop technique will imitate an injured baitfish fluttering down through the water column.Cheers, breambo.

I use the range of strike pro vibes a lot in deep water applications so far have caught snapper, school mulloway, kg whiting, salmon trout & stacks of quality bream on them. In freshwater have caught trout & redfin as well.i take the split ring of the top & tie a quality snap owner or decoy to the fluro leader this gives me the choice to change lure quickly if a treble gets damaged or to try another colour or size if required.Another reason i use a snap rather than a knot is it eliminates the chance of a sharp edge in the hole cutting thru the leader when you have a good fish on.

Matt has been catching some good fish at the moment on my dam on home made blades by leaving them to rest on the bottom for 20 seconds or so. Fish are hitting them when staticDont know why this works but the vibe on the way down is probably attracting the fish in, then they are being picked up by the fish off the bottomMaybe something to do with the cold weather and the fish being less active. I've done it with soft plastics but chunks of metal on the bottom - strange :dry: Doesn't really feel right but it works :clap:

For Bream this time year I think the vibes are a good choice. I like PJ use a snap to the lure. I wouldn't use a loop, manly because the vibe is a tight action and I want it 'vibing' as soon as it's lifted. If you fish it deep and just lift it off the bottom you should do well, like the suspending lures though, watch your slack as it sinks, because in my experience that is when a lot of twitches will come from bream nosing about... Strike them little twitches real hard and hang on ;)I'm still more of a bait breamer, but them vibes are great, I've lost a bit of money working them deep last winter :( but that might be my lack of skill more than anything lol

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I also have some questions and would like to gather some opinions on vibes ( i suppose lures in general aswell)In regards to colour selections, when fishing in dark, murky waters whats the general consensus? Ive only had decent success with the darker, more natural colored lures. But in clear waters such as west lakes I still have only had luck with the darker colours instead of lighter colours. Which begs the question : Has anyone had any luck with the more flashier colours/patterns or are they just a bit of a gimmick? Something that stocks the shelves and tackleboxes more rather than the freezer.