RADIO ACTIVE RIVER

Have posted this on another forum thought it was moderately important to get out there..... I've heard whispers that the soil from roxby downs and other uranium mining locations is loaded onto ships in the port river.Aparently the blokes operating the equipment are in full space suit type protective clothing. During one of many loading procedures the wind was blowing a gale and shiploads of the contaminated soil was blown into our Port River. Soon we may be catching some hulk like trumpeters, dont get them angry :-[

Hey guys,I've got to say that there is no soil transported Roxby Downs. What is transported and loaded at Port Adealide that comes from Roxby Downs is treated product (yellow cake) that has been packed on-site into 44 gallon drums that have been sealed and tested on-site and loaded into shipping containers. I know this because I worked there for over 15 years in all aspects of mining and processing. The other product is refined Copper sheets. This is current practice. However, I'm not sure what will happen in the future with rumours getting around with processing being done offshore.Having said that though, when it comes to other mines, I don't know how their product is transported or processed.

Someone I know loaded dirt and debris marked radioactive down a funnel type apparatus onto a ship and he reckons shitloads of it ended up in the river.The guys doing the loading where in protective clothing up the wazooHe strongly recomended not eating anything out of the river.But hey if your sure thats not true thats great news. Now we can eat stuff out of the river without a care in the world :sick:

S/H member " Chunky has knowledge of the workings up there. Next time I se him I'll ask ;)

If this is a legitimate claim and concern' date=' maybe the person should consider contacting the EPA to lodge a formal complaint and investigation.[/quote']True, though I'm led to believe the EPA can often be a "Toothless Tiger " :pinch: :huh:

Evening all, "the EPA can often be a "Toothless Tiger " I`ll give you an idea of how smart/effective the EPA is. Many years ago my family owned a number of blocks of industrial land at Wingfield that was basically a big hole in the ground,unfenced, covered in all manner of rubbish dumped there by people who refused to pay the price charged by the dump. One individual who operated a waste removal company who had connections in council (his father was a mayor) was the biggest offender & dumped untold tipper loads of crap on his neighbour`s land (our property),down street drains,on roads that were unsealed (to keep the dust down he said) & basically anywhere he could other than pay to dump it at the appropriate facility even though he knew he was breaking the law & he had charged his customers a small fortune to dispose of it in an environmentally responsible manner. The EPA`S solution was not to find out who was doing it(which is what I thought they got paid for), but instead they decided to try & prosecute us for operating a dump without a licence, "toothless tiger ?",not words I would use,more like overpaid bunch of clowns/laughing stock IMO. Cheers ppl

LoL, No worries Highfly! No offense taken!Yep, fine us for everything, tax us for farting. Where is it going to stop? I wonder why the government (and EPA) continue to allow this type of stuff to happen. I think I can guess with a fairly high degree of accuracy (like 90-odd percent - 99.99%) but without proof, what can anyone say.Too much dumping goes on. Take the Marine Park and Sanctuary Zone debarcle. They still won't tackle the real reason: Run Off.And while companies continue to discharge waste into the Port, it will only get worse.