Travel Rods???

I start my new job in a couple of weeks. It's going to be a lot of work,but since I will be doing a fair bit of traveling in this role, I'm going to invest in a travel rod. Never owned one, so don't really know what the go is. I am after something that will be fairly multi purpose. I have a 3-6kg daiwa rod which I reckon is the most multi purpose size I can think of. Two spools one with 10lb braid and one with 6lb, and two leaders 8 and 20lb and I reckon I should be right. The two options I'm looking at at the moment is a free Okuma travel rod and reel with a 2 yr subscription to Fisho,Or forking out for a T-Curve travel rod, they seem pretty popular. I know I ought to be honing my PowerPoint presentation skills, but the travel rod is the first thing on my agenda ;)I'm forking out for the boat service this week, so I'm looking at getting something in the next fortnight.Anyone got tips for an opportunistic traveling fisherman??? 3-6kg ? Do these rods fit Into an overnight bag?? Any cool traveling stories???I'm looking forward to wetting a line in Darwin Harbour even if it's for half an hour :woohoo:

Still happy with my Shimano Telescopic 6' and 10'.I wouldn't say they are for long term or heavy duty fishing but for convenience of travelling, not having to worry about separate pieces and low price of them they are great for casual, fun fishing on the go.Plus the ones I got came in a neat carry bag.Thinking of maybe even going up to the 12'. Can't beat going off somewhere and pulling a surf rod from your overnight travel bag and heading down the beaches.

Hi Jack,We have good range of stock in Travel Rods. There are Baitcasters and Spin Rods and range in size from 5'6" to 8ft.We have the Daiwa Heartland, Shimano Ballistix, Shimano T-Curve, Shimano Tiapan, Shimano Beastmaster, Nitro, Tsunami and Browning Travel Rods and as we are having a sale at the moment they are 20% off.Compleat Angler Wallaroo 88232840Moonta 88253400

Maybe a little light for you but I have the 3 piece travel raider (1-3kg) which I have taken around the world just about. Largest thing I have landed was a salmon off rocks at 3+kg and it handles it no worries.You'll love the freedom the give you. Have them hanging out the back pack and off you go !If we find ourselves in Darwin at the same tiem, I will sign you onto the Navy base up there. Queenies galore !