Metro Snapper pics

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xtrafishyfish

Howdy Toby, we actualy didn't weigh them but probably up around 15 or so pound.If you're fishing the Ardro Barge PM me and I'll give you some pointers on how to fish the area {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif

Guest xtrafishyfish

Butters, good snapper drops don't come easy.. it's taken a lot of hard work over the years to work out their movements and even more work to keep the spots quiet. Too many people just head for the recognised grounds expecting to get fish when there is a big ocean out there full of fish if you make the effort {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif We did an allnighther last night locally and only managed one rugger... it can change from day to day {SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gif

Guest xtrafishyfish

That's great Toby, I know that area you're talking about ..... is that the area with the awesome dropoff as it runs out seaward from just offshore {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif The best snapper you can catch is the one in shallow water close to shore as the other boats drive past you heading off to spots on the horizon :lol::lol: cya

Guest xtrafishyfish

When I was a kid and we still fished for a living we had a 15 foot bondwood sheathed in canvas and sealed up, motor was 1 cylinder simplex and used a gallon of fuel for the whole day. It was very slow but at least you could fish for snook, salmon and snapper as you motored along with leaded snook lines out the back. I couldn't wait till I was old enough to "escape" and buy my own glass boat with a big mixmaster on the back :lol::lol:

Guest xtrafishyfish

Toby I've never fished Port Julia, only Ardro... the area I thought you meant was where the pros' used to run their snapper longlines out years ago on the dropoff that runs out from near the shore {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif

went out late sat night sun morning for a bit of a fish the weather was a bit gusty and seemed a little unpredictable so fished in close to try for whiting there was a few around but they were all 1cm to half a cm to short :roll: exept for one but the ruggers were on the chew and so were the skates and dog sharks heres a pic of the catch.Posted Imageive got enough snapper in the freezer now to keep the mrs and kids happy for the next 3 months and looking forward to trying some of the recepies in the in the kitchen thread

this is the one hundreth post on this topic some nice fish are now starting to roll in bad luck again on the port mulloway i wanted to go with ya srick but had to much to do in the evening with the mrs and kids I was lucky enough to get out late so went for a snapper again with another mate and this is the result my freind also lost a pretty large school shark at the boat Cant wait for thursday morning to give the kingfish a crack at whyalla for 3 daysPosted Image

Guest Butters

but yeah that little boy hit hard hey butters, a good change from the little ones we were getting all morn. still fun on three kilo though.

bloody certainly did.. big difference to the smaller ones.. Addict - another great bag of snapper.. looks like they are still kicking??