Metro Snapper pics

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think finding snaps is much harder in a 13ft tinny than owning a regular boat,(that is until we can figure them out!. But butters and i did try a couple of our spots last summer when the conditions were right.Butters caught this one just on sunset which went just over 45cm i think?He also lost a better fish about 2 hours later aswell... {SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gif size=362http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/HIanqwDf__local_snaps.JPG[/img]

yeah but your a better than fisho than me srick :lol: nah thats not it bud, your just not trying hard enough. its all time and work on the water. just ask addict his time out has paid off big time these days. you will get em on tap in no time :wink: .not local, but just 50 meters off shore near whyalla.
Guest xtrafishyfish

Howdy srick.... it's always a good idea not to have landmarks in the background of snapper pics {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif ..or pics of your boat.... just ask Adon {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif cya

yeah but your a better than fisho than me srick :lol: nah thats not it bud, your just not trying hard enough. its all time and work on the water. just ask addict his time out has paid off big time these days. you will get em on tap in no time :wink: .not local, but just 50 meters off shore near whyalla.

it's cool mate, was just mucking around with ya :wink:

there great fish ive been on 2 charters there and on both of them the biggest was no more than 45cm :evil: i just could not beleive it fish from your own boat is more satisfiying but fish from a charter is great aswell still great snapper in anyones books lets get the pics comming in the comming months

another one from the port river.. only small but have seen legals caught at this spot... which should start firing very soon :lol: fingers crossed {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gifohyeah these were caught from my yak.. which is good fun when a bigger fish pulls you around a bit... size=448http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/1bIMRk21__riversnap.JPG[/img] size=480http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/QLwkwru6__riversnap1.JPG[/img]

Nice little Snaps there Butters, from the Port as well.Many many moons ago say 30 years ago[showing my age]I remember my older brother used to go out from St Kilda around the Torrens Island area and as a little kid I remember the HUGE Snapper they used to bring back.Around the cutting and the channel systems used to be hot for monster Reds at certain times of the year.And one thing that really sticks in my mind was when they cleaned them the guts was always full of smashed up Blueys.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xtrafishyfish
Guest xtrafishyfish

Howdy srick, yep! I got that on snapper opening a couple of seasons ago. My first snapper there at Ardro that year was 15 mins before opening on the change of tide and had to let it go and then got nothing once it hit 12 noon and the weather turned bad for 3 days till the day we were heading back to Adelaide so had a last minute run on the saturday morning to the Barge and first aboard was the 30 pounder. Same again last year with the bad weather and only got out to the barge for 1 snapper over 4 days. This year I'm staying home and fishing the Bay for some local snapps on opening as the Sou Easters at Ardrossan ruin the fishing and at least if the wind is off the land locally it won't be as rough

Guest xtrafishyfish

Well done Adon, nice work {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif how much did it weigh. Was that the 1 am special again... I was snuggled up in a nice cosy bed at that time of the night :shock: :lol: Keep at it I reckon it won't be too long before you snag a whopper there during this blow {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif

Guest xtrafishyfish

Arvo snapper off the rocks.. that sounds even better. I might have my boat back in the water this weekend, those big snapper must be getting close to turning up {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif