Metro Snapper pics

Guest xtrafishyfish

I had another crack this morning whilst the snapper are holding on my spot and managed this one. Adon, looks like I've finally "come out" of the fishing closet, I'm wearing sunnies in the other pic..... ya can't recognise me :lol::lol: seriously tho' I still won't post pics of my boat as that just attracts too many seagulls :cry: Posted Image

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 18livebait

Butters i did get the 15kg on 3kg braid. But i think the 12.2kg on 3kg pretest mono and the 3.9kg on sp and 1kg my first in the last two trips outdo the 15kg on braid ;) Its good fun having a go on the lighter line. And a Great feeling when you not only land a good fish but its on light line makes it more memorable {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif cheers jon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest addict

heres a snapper i caught on monday morning after waiting 7 houres the sun rose and the baitrunner 3500 with 6kg howled out and when hooked went ballistic and had me worried for a moment when it stopped the fish ran out of steam and was in the boat with in 5min.the fish was released after a few photoes and the long wait payed of not sure of the weight maybe 8to10kg not sure srick is pretty good at estimating weight what do you reckon {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gif i called it to be 8kg but my mate said close to 10kgPosted Image

Looks like we need a records section, so we can hold bragging rites until beaten, it might take a bit of working out how to get it set up, as there are many categories to consider, and of course a witness is more than likely needed, toss that one around boys and we will see what the results are :roll:

Have noticed that someone has already started the ball rolling on this idea, so thought I'd ad mine.12.1kg Snapper taken on 2kg Maxima Fibre Glow. Took 45min to land and came soon after boating a 13.1kg fish on the (light {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif) 10kg gear.@ addict nice local red m8. Bit hard to tell correct weight as your hlding the fish away from you but yeh reckon its around the 8kg mark. Spent a few cold dark hours out there myself on Sunday & Monday Mornings for a donut {SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gif. Reckon the water was too clear where I was fishing and should have ventured further.Reckon, the water will be dirtier this weekend and the afternoon tides look a cracker so maybe this weekend will make up for the last {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif

srick is pretty good at estimating weight what do you reckon {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gif i called it to be 8kg but my mate said close to 10kg

yeah buddy i think over 8. probs 9, wicked fish again bud. keep up the good work and wicked you released it thats good for the rest of us {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif hopfully i can catch him in 5 years {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

cheers, beautiful looking fish your one hey, love lookin at it. notice how the fins are light blue? my pro mate says that only comes on fish that have been feeding/traveling over sand. as his fish at corny point look like that when they first inhabit the reefs early winter. they seam to darken over the reefs within a few days he said. as you know with your reefie reds you catch. any way just think it was a attractive fishie. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif oh yeah and that little bloke in the boat behind you is not bad either {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif

Guest addict

gee rich im starting to get worried now your attracted to my fish.Lucky i let it go,now i know why you want to catch it in five years when shes nice and mature {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif seriously tho its a nice looker shes is definatly in her prime she pulls hard and if i kept her imsure she would of been tasty too {SMILIES_PATH}/lipsrsealed.gif.Snapper are definatly a great looking fish when there 8kg plus but mulloway are the best of them all {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif.Its great where now starting to pull big metro reds who said you need to go to whyalla {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pete watts and i Managed this nice bag last fri night within casting distance of the beach, 10 all up with 4 over 60 biggest went 65, smallest round 53.

Was that the night we were with you? If so, you can thank us for getting rid of all those pesky snook so that the snapps could get to your baits :)
  • 3 weeks later...

I took my old man fishing yesterday morning for snapper. I can't take him too far these days as he has a bad back and a pacemaker fitted so it has to be reasonably flat calm water to getout fishing. He was kept busy pulling in this lot of fish. It's good to share the time out on the water with family. Ended up bagging out with 10 below 60cm and 4 big fellas'... biggest went 16 poundPosted Imageand here's a nice pic of snapper holding up baitfish against the structurePosted Image

I took some mates out fishing at lunchtime on monday and we bagged out on bigs (6 fish) as soon as we got there and headed for home. Took another mate out the next morning on tuesday and we bagged out on bigs and smalls... there's a few mates families enjoying fresh snapper this week ;)this is tuesdays catchPosted Image