Soooo. sold off a few items and now have around 300 bucks spare coin floating around. Looking to replace my 5-10kg shimano raider. I am looking for something to match my stradic ci4 4000. what u fellas reckon. now i know all about t curves and am looking for something a bit different. anyone know much about samurai rods or perhaps a nitro? what u fellas think?cheers grego.

I think Snapperhead on here got onto a Gloomis at that price' date=' from ray&annes I believe :)[/quote']Go to Ray and annes and ask for a Loomis Mossy Back.They are a fantastic SP rod.is it Bait or Sp or do you want an allrounder rod?I think there is a mossyback in like 10-17lb but it might struggle with a snapper lead on it.If I had $300 I would build a Custom Calstar GF600m in spin combo with split grips and get Ross Eckerton to build it for me. This would be a HEAVY SP rod but would fish baits and livies as well.In my opinion this would be the closest rod in power to a saltiga.

Yep I got my Loomis from R&A's for $259 its 8-20lb from memory and has got some great snapper to its name already.Im going to Pirie tomorrow to get a few more :cheer: I reckon its a great buy at that priceThe model is a FLBSR 853 S Forcelite and would suit the reel perfectlycheerssnapps

Thats sounds like a beautifull rod Snapperhead. How does it cope with 3oz of lead. Does the tip load up a fair bit?Will it cope okay with a 3oz lead and whole medium tommy?If so i might look into getting one of these as a bait rod?

Will it cope okay with a 3oz lead and whole medium tommy?

in golf termsYour asking a putter to drive off the tee....????The cast weight (jig weight in some cases) would at an absolute max be 1oz, in which case fishing 3 oz and a whole tommie would void warranty.If you are after a bait rod, then a True Graphite lure fishing rod is not really your best bet. I would be looking at a T-Curve revolution (i know you said soemthing different!)or in the Terez range there are a few 7 footers that would do the job, you'd just need to be carefull about cast weight.In my eyes the Daiwa Cataline Nubira stick would be a winner. Here is the link, they sell heaps as a cross over bait come plastics/jig rod...http://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shimano-reels-australia/rods-reels/daiwa/daiwa-rods/daiwa-catalina-nabura-67-spin-rod-only-349-free-delivery/Cheers Shauno

Tks Shauno you are so spot on, you have to be extremely carefull even if only lobbing a snapper lead out with any Graphite stick these days. Im using my Berkley Venom at the moment and the tip is extremely light. I totally agree that I shouldnt really be using it as a bait stick.The rod youve recommended looks really good. There are so many good off the Shelf Daiwa rods these days. Tks for opening my eyes to another good cross over rod.Cheers,Brett

Im using it as a SP rod only ......oh BTW just got back from a hot 2 hr session which resulted in 22 hookups with 14 or so fish hitting the deck was cold and windy out in Spencer Gulf but the snapper had us working up a sweat :cheer: The loomis scored some more good fish though :cheer: cheerssnapps

so. Daiwa Catalina Nabura 67 is now on laybye and only 245 left to pay off :). now i just gotta find a bigger reel for when i use it tooo catch the deep dark monsters that it can handle. :) whos got some suggestions. i got suggested the new ci4 rarenium 5000. im guessing anything that handles over 300ms of 30lb?cheers (super excited) Grego.

if you wana match it with daiwa one of these would be ideal with spare spools aswell. to meet your $300 budgetin a 3000 or 4000 size would suit your recomended braid poundage very well with at least 300 metres on the spoolhttp://www.rayannes.com.au/products/rods-reels/daiwa/daiwa-spin-reels/daiwa-heartland-spin-reels-from-only-239-free-delivery/http://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shimano-reels-australia/rods-reels/daiwa/daiwa-spin-reels/daiwa-td-sol-spin-reels-2000-2500-3000/http://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shimano-reels-australia/rods-reels/daiwa/daiwa-spin-reels/team-daiwa-sol-4000-309/