Snapper on blades

There was an interesting article titled "Big Blades Big Fish" in Wildcoast an issue or two ago that was quite an interesting read but only briefly covered the topic. Just need to work out what size I should use... (3/0-6/0)Looking forward to having a go on lures as its a lot more intersting than watching the rod in the holder :)

anything in the 3/0 to 5/0 would be fine fella ;) all depends on where your fishing and the size of the fish you are fishing for...mind you if you look at the lucanus jigs... They get some thumper snapps on those tiny tiny hooks so ;) to me id be matching up the hook size to the size of the blade itself :)

Yeah i've got the HD Switchblades :) I reckon i'll drag it into the shop and hold a few hooks up and see what i like the look of.As far as size goes you never know what you're going to come across but i figure 4/0 should do the jobI just worry about the trebles bending as well as the damage they can do when removing if i release the fish.Cheers lads

Southie is going to be spot on, you cant just whack on any size hooks you like, you need get the hook weight and size pretty close to what the blade is running.I would think that two 3/0 or 4/0's would do the trick nicely.You have to get the hook size right or it will upset the vibration of the blade, and you will spend ages trying to get it to flutter right.Ive used the Jazz Deka Boken, which are an awesom Blade...brought from Mo-tackle and these have quite large trebbles and one double prong hook on them. both hooks are stainless, but agree that a change of hooks would increase the lures effectiveness, as I dont like trebles either.Brett