what reel to match to this rod

Gday just looking for a few quick opinions.I've got a tcurve XL 702 2-5kg rod and I'm trying to work out what reel to put on it.At the moment I've got my ci4 2500 and it actually balances out quite well (the way i like it)I'm buying the new sustain when it comes out but I think i'd prefer to buy a 1000.Not having held the combo (will obviously have to wait until it comes out) i'm not sure whether the sustain 1000 will feel alright. The 1000 sustain weighs 200g as does my 2500 ci4 so i would have thought it should feel about the same.Has anyone else stuck a 1000 of any kind on this rod?I'll just be using it for flicking plastics and HB's into trees and snags ;)Cheers as alwaysSquid

Hi State Squidder! I am only a Shimano Man, so I apologise but they will be my only suggestions! B) 1. The new Biomaster 1000 FB. Weighs 205 grams like your Ci4. 7 + 1 Bearings and a fits 172m of 5lb Power Pro. I believe just under $360. Link: http://www.shimanofish.com.au/publish/content/global_fish/en/au/index/products/reels/spinning/biomaster_fb.html 2. Stradic 1000 FJ. 5 ARB Bearings and Weighs 200 Grams. http://www.shimanofish.com.au/publish/content/global_fish/en/au/index/products/reels/spinning/stradic_fj.html3.'>http://www.shimanofish.com.au/publish/content/global_fish/en/au/index/products/reels/spinning/stradic_fj.html3. Rarenium 1000 Ci4. 1000 Size has Flappy Paddle Eva Grips. Ci4 Teachnology and Weighs only 170 Grams! http://www.shimanofish.com.au/publish/content/global_fish/en/au/index/products/reels/spinning/stradic_fj.html These are only a few suggestions, you could also look at Reels like the Technium FC, Aernos etc. But these are the ones I would look at. Good luck with Shopping. Cheers TT.

I've just realised I should have titled this differently looking at everyones responses.Cheers to those that have suggested reels but what i should have made clearer is....What size reel should i put on this rod? Either 1000 or 2500 :)Just want opinions on what people think would balance better.Sorry for any confusion!

Yeah thats what i was sort of thinking but i don't know if the capacity is needed...I've always like to have the extra up my sleeve but after knocking over quite a few huge snapper with the 2500 on 8lb is it really needed?I'll fish exclusively on land with this combo so i don't think i'll ever hook anything big... Haha bet you i will though if i get the small one :) always the way!I love over thinking all my purchases

I would stick to 2500 sized reels with that rod. 1000s are for the 1-4kg etc flicksticks.So the only reason you want a 1000 is less line capacity? As the weight isn't different if you go with a 2500 ci4 bodied reel. Line capacity is like car or health insurance you don't need it, till you need it.A 1000 sized ci4 will be far too light for that rod IMO.One of the major benefits of buying a Rarenium over the reels mentioned is you get a spare spool.As the new stradics don't come with one and neither do the new sustains and biomasters I believe.

I figured that was the go with the rod :) I'm trying to stop myself from buying another outfitI really want the new sustain so i'm buying it when it comes out. I'm keen on running 6lb on an outfit so i figured the 1000 would be a better option. The 2500 sustain weighs 260g so a reasonable chunk more. There is always the option of buying a 1-3kg rod (which was my original plan) but i'm trying to save money :) Yeah the main reason is less line capacity but again i'm not sure if it is necessary. Think i'll just bite the bullet and buy another combo down the road :) Hahahaha any excuse!!!!I reckon i'll stick with the sustain 2500 for the rod :)Cheers Lads