A few months ago I was hunting Mullies down in the onk with my m8. Just on sunset and it was at the turn of the tide we saw something a first that seemed like a sub but it was a 2 meter Mullie. This was right up the onk. This beast slowly cruzed up stream until we couldn't follow it any more. Is it normal for mullies to be deep in the onk through winter? Is this beast a local legend, I've never seen such a big fish in gutted streams like that before. Has anyone else seen or caught it before?Cheers

It was 4 months ago @ old reynella fc. I have never seen anything like it. There was a large V on the surface and could just make out the shape of a fish it was in fairly shallow water and where the water get's very shallow a large flash and it was gone, I was spotting it with my head lamp. What do ya think

I myself have seen a school of 5-6 fairly large mulloway swimming together further up around the bend of the footy club as well. During winter. Watched them for 15 mins doing "laps". Around a log , down deep disappear for a sec back up then swimm along the edge and back around the log again. Probably a 30 metre stretch of the river they kept to.Extremely frustrating when i was lobbing lures to them which they followed and stuck their noses up at !!!PS : Before anyone tells me they were big mullet, i will tell you they were not !!!! Mullet dont get to almost a metre !!Stu