We went down to west beach boat ramp to get some live bait with lovesafish the other day, but not much was around. So I went down to the beach with my 12ft Saltiga rod and through out a pilly, then sit back and relax on the sand. My mate was out on the breakwater and hooked into a few small st's. I got a big run on my rod, witch I had 30lb mono with a emblem pro reel. Any way after 45 min or so and so aerobatics's, I caught and released my first Eagle Ray off the metro beaches. It was a fight to remember

Photo0126.jpg

Nice Eagle there mate, they are a true sport fish with their aerobatics and line peeling shenanigans :) :)That's a big one too mate, good fishing there :clap: Caught and released this little one in the port on Saturday.... It took a bait intended for a mulloway and went round and round and under the boat before it was captured. Posted ImagePosted Image

Nice Work Bass13, Jack and Smokey they are all some lovely Rays. I absolute love targeting Eagle Rays especially on the YP. They are wicked fun, reasonably easy to catch and can seriously stretch you as a Light Line By catch! If you ask me they are Hardcore fish. They when angry are acrobatic, stubborn and quick quick quick!!! I find it is interesting that ANSA have only given them a fight factor of 1.0. How wrong they are!! B)B) Don't know if this photo will work but the blokes at YouFish TV uploaded this amazing photo on their Facebook Page. Check it Out TT. Ray.jpg