snapper season 2011

Ay there so whos keen to get out and about and chase the big reds around . I personly cant wait the count down is on . Anybody keen to share where they are heading just in general as we all know we aint going to give those spots way unless they are well known. Any way we are heading down to the usual spots out from Broughton like the 44 Footers, Sanannerana ( not sure on the spelling ) and good old faithful the Illusion. We will keep the other spots for when the crowds die down other wise they will be fished out . lol :boot::fishing:

ill be trying the outer harbor channel around thr fairway beacon and burley hard in low light periods. pick a nice calm day and the 13ftr will get out there if you take enough fuel :blush: .also ill be trying the well known spots like the norma wreck, barges off glenelg and off stanvac and if iam lucky i might catch somthing :woohoo: . ill be out every weeken the weather permits me 2 so i mite see you out there ;) good luck

yea ill be making sure i take every bit of safty equip with me as id had to get stuck out there and need it. still dont have an epirb yet so i have to stay within the 5 nauticle mile limit which is around 7kms i think? i got a 15 footer whats the furtherst you would go out in a boat that size on a nice calm day in gulf st vincent??? thanks shauno ill let you know how i go.

Hi GuysIm a first time on this website and on Thursday will be a first timer on fishing the illusion. Has anyone got any advice for me on catching the reds at the illusion? I will be there from Thursday to Sunday. Also, will there be many Big Reds around then? Like I said dont have much knowledge of the illusion. Have done alot of snapper fishing here at Kangaroo Island at Emu Bay but thats really about it.Help on Bait and what type of line to use and how to get the great fish around would be very very helpful.thanks

how did you go mate i got 2 big lads on the friday and 4 on the saturday if i ad of read your post i would have caught up with ya and showed you around . I did fish the illusion but im sure you would have done alright if you could bare the wind. lol

• 4 weeks later...