what backing? URGENT

Hey lads,I'm respooling my 2500 with 150yds of 5lb power pro and i can't work what backing to use.Normally i use a 300yd spool and fill it totally but i have two 150yd spools of 5lb and one 125yd spool of 6lb lying around so i have to use one.150yds won't half fill the spool so my options are:1) 6lb mono2) 8lb mono3) 15lb monoI'm not sure what to use as the braid is going to break at around 10lb.Any suggestions lads? I'm doing my head in trying to work this out

If it's only a backing it doesn't matter what you use as it will never see the light of day and is only there to hold your topshot close to the lip of the spool for casting purposes and to stop the braid slipping on the spool.However, if you believe you will be completely spooled of braid and also get down to the backing, then either use something of equivalent or greater breaking strain to the braid (10-12lb mono).

haha pity that wasn't one of the three options :) no 12lb lying aroundI just spooled the 5lb on there and it fills it 3/4 of the way...Just checked and the 5lb power pro is around two thirds thicker than my 8lb sunline braid.Thats kinda annoying, I've got 15lb under my 8lb so i'll use it for this tooPower pro always this bad?

I got some 20lb power pro on one of my rods, caused me nothing but trouble.. crap knot strength, massive birds nets when casting....]

Much rather use sunline this stuff is really stiff and thick but the sunline in really thin and limp.

Interested SS and Softy you would say that.In my opinion Power Pro is the Best Braid I have used Bar None! I beleive it casts a Mile; lays well and has to be honest good knot strength. In saying that as Power Pro is in association with Shimano, I am going to be impartial towards it! B)B) I think my next Reel may have something like Fins or Sunline on it to give it a Run. Still keeping my options always open...I think Braid is really one of those Products that everyone has their favourites and others they dislike. TT

I got some 20lb power pro on one of my rods' date=' caused me nothing but trouble.. crap knot strength, massive birds nets when casting....']

Much rather use sunline this stuff is really stiff and thick but the sunline in really thin and limp.

Interested SS and Softy you would say that.In my opinion Power Pro is the Best Braid I have used Bar None! I beleive it casts a Mile; lays well and has to be honest good knot strength. In saying that as Power Pro is in association with Shimano, I am going to be impartial towards it! B)B) I think my next Reel may have something like Fins or Sunline on it to give it a Run. Still keeping my options always open...I think Braid is really one of those Products that everyone has their favourites and others they dislike. TT
I agree with you here TT. I have never had a problem with my Power Pro. I reckon its great

id defs be going for a thin and soft braid such as fins in fluro, power pro isnt a bad buy but i find it to be a bit stiff for my liking, all depends what suits you.. even a good quality mono would do ya fine, that way you wont have to undo the stupid, impossible knots and tangles braid gives