Guest Thahn

Freddy I have used all the single speed models the sx, mx and lx. I have fished heavy braid through the lx and performed floorlessly. I currently use light mono on the mx and lx and they have silky smoth drags. The reels themselves are not as smooth as your daiwa and shimanos but are 10 times stronger and easier to pull apart. If you do get one just be careful around water adn rain as i found them quite sensative to the wetness. I have been told that they have fixed the problem by putting some sealed bearings in them. All in all i would get another and probably am in the next few weeks and that will be another sx model the smallest in the range.PS the japenese use them for jigging as they have awesome line retrievel rates .

thanks thahn,,,some useful info there mate ,,did you get yours in australia?im thinking more in line of ordering one from america through ebay probelly cheaper this way ??? ,,plus im thinking some thing in the line of pro exw 2 speed mainly used for kingfishing in whyalla,,,maybe a overkill but i reacon it would be strong enough to stop one in its tracks , :o ,and for the price i dont think any thing else in australia would come close ,,, ;) cheers freddyboy

Guest Thahn

Freddy your right with the price rediculously cheap over there. I am by no means a supporter of buying os but hard not to with the rates the way they are and the suppliers do not pass on the discounts just pocket them for themselves thus cutting them selves out the market. I personally dont think you will need a 2 speed as there is a lot more mucking around the LX would be fine heaps of drag there but the 2 speed models have some seroius drags. I would sugest you check out the golieth challenge on youtube they have the big 2speeds fishing at there max on massive 700lb groper and still getting smoked

Guest Thahn

BTW i got mine from New Zealand as my mate wasa the rep and then stopped and i bought his left over stock at cheaper than cost i just wish i kept all of them. Where are you located? If in town i can show you mine or if you are Pt augusta i will be there thursday night till sunday

thanks again mate ,, i did check it out on utube :o :o :o ,,, thanks for your input ill keep hunting around till i find some thing suitable and ill definetly will be buying overseas the question for me is what do i want ??? ???,,, and how much to spend ;D ,,, cheers freddyboy

yeah thanks cal thats absolutly magic mate ,,,im a mad mad kingfisher myself i do most of mine with a tld50 ,,,so i thought this season id try on a different reel thats why im asking about the avet ,,, thanks again mate ;) cheers freddyboy PS this one went 95lb caught in whyalla about 5 year ago on a tld 50 with boat anchord ,, size=161http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/ZZO12wau__1.jpg[/img]

• 1 month later...

yeah thanks mate im still havent decided what ill spool it with yet im considering any thing from 80 to 100lb but not sure yet,,, at the moment it has 300lb mono on it about 150 meters of it but that wont stay on it i just wanted to see how much i could get on ;D ;D ,,, the place i got it from was in the usa called americanoutdoors there on the net easy to find,,, as for the price yeah when you find the site the prices are there :icon_eek: :icon_eek: ,, only problem i have now is to find a suitable rod to match it they dont send rod over from overseas so i guess ebay is my best bet ;D ,, cheers freddyboy size=364http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/H0BBI6Pf__300lb.jpg[/img]