Live Bait Set-up

Hey,I'm looking at ideas for setting up a live bait tank in my Quintrex which will keep squid, gar and salmon trout alive.It need to bring in water via a bilge pump and then drain when it reaches a certain level out if the boat.I have these outlets on the tinny and just wondering what the ones on the top are for? Are they for plumbing a factory live bait tank in or are they for something else? Am i amble to attach a t-piece to the hose going to them so i can use it as the water outlet for the live bait tank? or can i attach a t-piece to the boats bielge pump which pumps water out the bottom of my boat?ThanksPosted ImagePosted Image

So those skin fittings up the top are not in use by anything?

They certainly are used, and very important too ;) Exactly same as mine Salt5 ;) Top right plastic fitting is the bilge pump o/let, and the one behind vents the fuel tankThe one at floor level is a drain for the floor area, but not exactly what I'd call a scupper tho :)Basically you'd need to start bfrom scratch I think, though you may be able to join into the bilge pumps outlet side :unsure: have a look under the flap in the shelf behind tne rear seat, and the pump should be located on the l/h side there.Ive toyed with the idea of using the underfloor area in the middle of the main working area as a live bait tank location, but suspect it would be in the way too much.where were u thinking of locating yours ?

Would plumbing the overlow into the outlet hose of the underfloor bielge work ok? or would the outlet on the live bait tank need to be higher than the outlet in the skin?

Ive never done one myself, but would suggest that if u tied into the original bilge hose and the pump had a fault in it, you may simply end up pumping water back into the bilge area :unsure: You could possibly run an inlet from a thru hull fitting ( not without its risks )and have an overflow simply draining back over the pod, or else simply mount the pump ouside the tank with a hose collecting water from behind the stern, and another draining it back out in a similar position :unsure:

If you want a quick portable live bait set up until you work out how to set up something different, I have have used the following method:- Get a round blue chemical container. (Thoroughly clean out). A round or an oval shaped container is better I think so the fish don't stick their head in one corner & sit there. Forces them to swim around! - Cut the drum at about the 20 gallon mark- Get a vertical aerator that sprays water down from the head into the drum. It has an adjustable head. Comes with alligator clips or a cigarette lighter attachment or it can be easily wired to whatever suits you. Also has suction caps on the base of the aerator. (Had mine for many years & is still working)- Fill the drum to the required height of water & off you go. (You can raise the aerator if needed by sitting it on top of a 1 litre ice cream container with lid on & half a brick in it. The suction caps will stick to the top of the ice cream container. (All depends on the amount of live bait)- Just change some of the water now & then whilst waiting for a fish. (Keeps you occupied)Runs reasonably quiet & it works.Remove drum from boat when not using.