My boss and I went out and got into the tuna that are hanging around behind KI last week. This was the best fish we got for the day and I was lucky enough to catch it. Didn't measure it, but it went 22.5kgs with the other fish ranging from 14kgs to 18.5kgs. We caught 9 for the day but only kept 4. The boat limit is 6 but we thought keeping two each was more than enough.

420363_10150657818669660_582614659_9203279_674505597_n1.jpg

Awesome catch fella! SBT are on the list of fish I'd kill to catch!!!!I may have read this wrong and I apologise if i have but from what you have written it indicates there was only you and your boss on the boat? If this is the case the limit is 4 fish for two anglers, so lucky you guys didn't keep any more :)Boat limit only applies for three or more anglers (with a few exceptions like crayfish etc.) An easily misunderstood rule but worth knowing for future reference :)GREAT catch again though fella! What gear did you lads catch them on?

Sorry for the confusion, it was my boss, one of his mates, myself and the charter operator.So three of us fishing. My boss booked the whole boat as he usually does and none of the other boys from work wanted to come... it would've been mayhem if there were five or six people fishing though, it got hectic enough with the three of us when we all hooked up.

• 4 weeks later...