New Model Saltigas & Catalinas

Hi AllDoes anyone else think these are way over priced?New Catalina's at Ray and Annes are going to be around $750 and new saltiga has already been out for a while and its around $1300.They aren't that good to be that expensive.With the run out of the older model Saltiga's and Catalina's at really good prices its hard to pay $750 for a new catalina when the older and most likely stronger model was only around $400.I know new models are often priced at a premium but these prices seem too excessive.

Was just thinking that maybe they are way over priced so that Daiwa Australia can clear out all of its older models at reduced prices.Once all the older models are gone then hopefully the new models will be available at a reasonable and fair price.

Yes Id be buying the old model as its already tried and tested' date=' looks more rugged and like most things the original often ends up being the best.At $419 for the older 5000 model' date=' how can you go wrong.Im not a huge fan of the mag seal either.[/quote'']What about the MAGseal has made you not a fan of it? :laugh:
Hi FreShie-Fisher :) Its just the look of the Mag Seal I dont really like.I just think the old ones look bullet proof (almost Billet) where the new ones although okay look like they are trying to be fancy!Just a personal taste thing :d/ Theres no technicall issues with the mag seal that Im aware ofCheers. :)

has any reviews been done on the new catalina yet?i love the old model just like you guys but the 4000 size is a must have reel in my opinion in the newer range.the old 4500 was a weighty beast compared to the newer 4000 which u can easily fish 30lb or 50lb braids and still have that finesse feel.but like you guys have mentioned the newer reels have not been around long enough.i used a new saltiga on a five day charter out from rocky last year and was impressed with the weight factor in comparison to the standard 4500z.still can fit 300 metres of pe3 which is 50lb in the hyper type braids and still has a 10kg drag aswell.this was mainly a jigging charter so the benefits were obvious.after the charter i ended selling my 4500 maverick combo and replacing it with the new 4000 saltiga,not sure how it will go for the long haul though.i also grabbed a rcs spool and filled it with 30lb for more versatility,both ranges are still great reels depending which way you want to go.i think the daiwa guys were catching 40kg sampsons on the new saltiga 4000 in field testing which is awesome for such a little reel.cheers

Yeah i agree they are great reels even with all the gimmicky useless accessories such as that NASA lubricant or whatever it contains but they're very over priced at the moment.Can catch a 40kg samson an an Okuma reel too when its new.

i can't quite see the difference between the catalina and saltiga range. I'd say very overpriced...I have a dogfight and a 4500 catalina and they both feel identical. Both look and feel bulletproof :) If i were to go back i would have bought the catalina 6500 instead of the dogfight and saved myself a heap of money in the process (to be spent on more gear haha)

had a play with one of these today,very sweet reel going by the way it felt,looks tuff too but as nanman said,is overpriced unfortunately.if i remember correctly a similar pricing blunder happened with the stellas and twinpowers a little while ago.once they dropped the price of the twinpowers they sold out of them.wonder if this will happen with the catalina,hope so, :laugh::laugh: