Weighting a fly to swim hook point up????

Weighting a fly to swim hook point up :blink: any ideas? I have pattern in mind but trying to work out how to get it to swim hook point up to grub around on the bottom.Have heard to about putting weight near the bend but don't want it to go to the bottom a@# first. Also to make things more difficult I can't use dumb bell eyes :pinch: Cheers :boot:

Mate tie yourself a keel fly. Tie some solder wire or thin lead wire on the top of the hook shank and it will flip over and do exactly what you want. Very easy and no need to mess around bending hooks. I'll tie one up and take a picture for you tomorrow if you have any difficulty in understanding what I mean. Let me know.Cheers Dazz

Was going to suggest lead bonzai wire. You could just tie it in.You could also bend the eye of the hook so barb and eye are both horizontal then slightly bend the eye up. ala Bruce Brown flies. Fishermans paradise stocks Bruce Brown flies. Im sure he would have some there you could look at. Some of the flies Ive got from Bruce Ive had for about ten years and they still havent pulled apart. Made to last :clap:

Cheers guy'sCheers Highfly I tie all my own flies still a beginner but gettin there :blink: .Cheers Dazz Googled Keel flies looks like to go mate . I have plenty of lead wire for my czech nymph's ;) Will look at mucking around with a few differant patterns in the near future (when I have few more brownie points spent to much money on ebay lately missus not happy :whistle: :pinch: ) Still might get some sculpin heads and see what I can come up with once the heats off ;).Thanks guys :boot:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dazz, Definitely looks the goods mate pretty weedless to. Have been busy tying flat out for an up coming comp :silly: so haven't had a chance to tie anything for fun ;). Will put up a pic or two when I get round to tying. Reckon I'll use some Zonker strips and marabou so it has plenty of wiggle ;):boot: