Classic Hawks

Even though we lost on Monday I finished this one off to take pride of place in the fishing room :laugh: I know' date=' I'm losing it but I have followed Hawthorn for over 40 years B) Cheers Dazz[img']http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg234/fishnuts_photos/FLIES/P4100001Medium.jpg[/img]

What I want to know is how can anyone tie such fantastic looking flies when they only have one eye :pinch: :whistle:
Easy mate' date=' ones brown and the other is yellow. You just have to work out which one I use :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh::P Cheers Dazz[/quote']You bit then :P So is that creation going to get any time on the water ?Im a novice when it comes to flys but the shape ( lacewing maybe? ) definiteley looks promising to me :huh:

No mate these are used to catch Atlantic Salmon and are based on patterns that are a couple of hundred years old. I only tie these for relaxation and to frame as gifts for mates e.t.cOh and of course to go on the walls of my fishing room.The feather you think is a lace wing is actually a Golden Pheasant Crest feather and is used to just drape over the top of the main wing to form a kind of halo effect.I hope that explains it.Cheers Dazz