Land Based Barra and other Northern Species?

Hi guys,Haven't been on lately and to be honest I haven't been fishing lately! But now i'm getting back into it and soon i'll be heading up north. It'll be shorebased chasing Barra, Trevally and anything else that decides to grab ahold of my lure. I recently picked up a Stradic CI4 4000 and now i'm looking to match it up with a rod, anyone have any suggestions as to what rod to match it up with and what line? Cheers guys.

You could put it on a T-Curve Tournament 701 (Dont let the name Snapper) on it fool you as its a high end Ian Miller built rod rated 5-8kg and has the tip to throw lures, plastics and or baits if needed. This has heaps of down low power as well to stop big trevs and other powerfull fish that the top end is sure to throw up.The two just happen to match up insanely well!

Is Travel an Issue? If so go for a Tcurve Travel Revolution I reckon the 7 ft 5 - 19 kg model would do you well! Stop anything Salty Barra, Queenies, Cod, and even the Trevas.Aswell as that the Starlo Stixs are great rods. Super Light, but built tough! 20 - 30lb Braid and a 4000 Stradic. Dude you will have some killer fun! TT