Couldn't keep still....Redfin

Hey Crocka79,that's the little baby that took the SAFWAA redfin trophy out this year.1.525 kgs and 46.5 cms long, I brought it home alive so it didn't lose a gram of weight (not just the insurance company's that are fiercely competitive mate), 'course it had to flick itself onto the garden didn't it and dirty its face ::). Just need another one like Gyroscopes, or even a bit bigger, to kill off any would be competition from our members ;) ;D

Well, I checked out Lake Inchequin and there is very little water in there. It looks as though the council has done a major clean up tp the banks and lake sides .I am hoping that there is still some breeding stock left.RogerG

Gee that must have been a big disapointment Roger, is it a spot that fishes well normally? I guess you had no luck on the day either :( Would I be able to Google the lake as I'm unfamiliar with where it is?Cheers Tony.

Hey crocka79,left hand pics on my signature are from the Onka, the next ones are from a private Kuitpo Dam and the two right hand pics are of different fish from the same SAFWAA Dam. The biggest one of these got me the SAFWAA trophy in 2007 mate. Be prepared to put a lot of time and effort into catching fish like these. I hunt them almost every week end and when I'm not , I'm planning how to catch 'em. Good luck with the ass kicking, although sheer persistence will always bring you more success than bucket loads of skill and a bag of killer lures. Cheers.

Yep, she's a nice spot that one used to go down there every Friday (early finish)arvo after work in late spring time. Nice 'n deep, wonderfully clear and averaged a half a dozen each trip. Never taken one bigger than 600 grams tho', but there's got too be at least one thumper in there. Try going around the bottom of the pool and climb up the other side, lot deeper and big snags too. If you get bored with catching Reddies, you can always have a swing on the rope.Few Red Belly Blacks about, tho' they're more interested in keeping out of your way. Might take you up on your fishing offer sometime. Cheers, Tony.