Dry Fly Sexy Time

Forgot to go to a conference today *cough* so I decided to return to the pool where I recently caught my first trout on fly (wooly bugger). Water was moving slowly and a bit murkier than on saturday. I tied on a bead head Mrs Simpson and had a hard strike after only a few casts, but unfortunately the fly and fish parted ways a few seconds later. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageJust after dropping that fish I saw two surface strikes about 10 metres or so from the large overhanging rock I was flicking wets under. Plenty of insect life was active, and the splashes I saw were enough to convince me to tie on a dry fly......Just after retrieving my first cast I noted one of the locals having trying to have 'sexy time' with my innocent little CDC emerger. This gave me some encouragement that I had sorta matched the hatch, and hopefully I could fool a trouty or two too!Posted ImagePosted ImageA few casts later, underneath an overhanging tree, my fly was smashed off the surface. Unfortunately I was too busy day-dreaming and I failed to set the hook. Such a rush watching your fly get smashed off the surface. With my heart pounding I flicked another cast in to the same area... nothing..... another cast..... nothing... just when I thought I have blown my chances my fly was again smashed, the fish actually leaping part way out the water. This time I was ready and after a very, very brief tussle another nice little 'bow was in my net.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageSafely released to grow a bit biggerhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo5q21cvOrEThis fly fishing is very addictive, especially the surfaces takes.