Real conservation

It is a pity, a lake I fish in vic at the moment is getting a new boat ramp, picnic and toilet facilities, new sinage and a 1 million dollar wall upgrade to maintain a high water level and a twice annual stocking, as well as pontoons to fish from and car parks.In vic the Gov is smart enough to realise that recreational fishing brings big $$ benifits to rural communities :)

just breeding carp and redfin! They pretty much protect them.

Good point FO, Its pretty ironic that the Fisheries department wants to get rid of them, spending millions in the process, but at the same time has a huge hatchery in each dam, which could be raising funds anyway, but I'm not gpoing to start saying fish them all out, coz it might start another massive debate thats been done to death waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times :lol:

It's a bit hard to believe that PIRSA can fine people for breeding noxious fish when their playing the same game on a much larger scale :blink: I wonder how hard it would be to take fisheries to court and fine them for breaching their own regulation. :whistle: Sorry for rubbing it in AFF, point of interest though is that every upgrade I mentioned apart from stocking are all council funded with the ideas for the lake coming through public consultation, the money from fishing lic revenue is only needed for 1 of the 2 stockings per year!The other option for this lake was to decomission it and lock everyone out,just like they would without hesitation if it was in SA.