Get those snagged lures back...

Many of you blokes on here would of heard of and even used "C Sinkers"Have you ever used them as a lure retreiving device? Here's a great tip for breaking your lures out of timber, rock and other snags.Simply slide your line through the slit in the tubular plastic insert, making sure the mushroom shaped end points down to the snagged lure.Trap the insert with the lead weight so it all slides freely on your line. Then lift the rod tip as high as you can, even climbing the bank side if possible and let the C Sinker slip down to the lure, a couple of flicks of the rod tip and Voila! :icon_e_biggrin:The plastic insert is actually a bit long so trim the extra length off it with a sharp knife so it is flush to the lead weight. In my early attempts at lure retrieval, I found the line snagged in the exposed part of the slit with trimming it off solving this problem.This tip really works, but is a lot more efficient with single hook jig heads than hard bodies as there are a lot less hooks to disengage.Cheers,tonybPosted Image

Hey Mark,O'halloran Hill always seems to have a good stock in and in different sizes too. Trouble is you'd have to wear a disguise as I suppose they're competition Mate. There'd have to be a website somewhere I guess, maybe some of the guys on here could help. I've been overwhelmed by the know how and links provided by the blokes on strikehook. Cheers, Tony.

Sounds interesting Tony, I was a bit thrown by the elephant though.

Sounds interesting Tony, I was a bit thrown by the elephant though.Hey, afishyfish,That's a real live elephant mate ( it's even got a name, we call her ELLY)I only coaxed her on to the piccie with the lure of a banana just to give you guys an idea of the scale of these massive "C Sinkers" :icon_lol: Cheers, Tony.

Gidday Jagger,Ive been using the large tacklebacks for ages (about six or seven years) on Large H/Bs and spinnerbaits .my first one paid for itself on the first trip to the river where i fish,The hundreds of times ive used it in heavy timber snags,on rocky bottom,and in heavy weed in the briny its only let me down about half-a-dozen times,the main problem i've had is if your lure dives deep and your line is over a branch under the surface,if your lure snags now its hard to get the tackleback to jump over the branch and go down to the lure (this is if you are shore based ).I also have one in the smaller size for lures up to about 60mm , I have used this one in the port river over rocks and mangroves by the torrens island bridge when having o go for bream with tiny lures it let me down on one lure only .The chain type I also have but have found its only realy good when dropped vertical from a boat,For cord on mine i use bricklayers line wound onto a straight piece of 12mm dowel about 120mm long this allows you to let the tackleback slide down the line while running thru your fingers thus reducing line twist which you get BAD if you let it off the side of plastic fishing line spool.Having said all that a lot of the time just the extra weight of the tackleback going down the line or even just nudgeing the lure will release the lure.Hence I am looking for large "C"sinkers to try.If they work it will elimenate the mess you get in with the lure line and twine. hope this helps Cheers peelipeeli11 PS I have just remembered i've heard of people using Steel nuts with a hacksaw cut in them to de-snag when bait fishing :-\

gidday tonybI'm over it all now :icon_e_smile: but I am starting to wonder how i have ended up being called pellipeeli11 when i should have been (peelipeeli11)! I will need to talk to Aarron about it soon as I have caught another cod since joining strikehook (the 11 indicates my murray cod tally)so I will soon be known here as peelipeeli 12 if I can change it. Cheers peelipeeli 12 ;D

I'm over it all now :icon_e_smile:Hey, peelipeeli12,I love all this crazy carry on on here but that's the second or third time I've upset the applecart. :-[ As I've still got a steep learning curve with the forums, just try and bear with me, I can't get any worse :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin:I've found bigger gaps between statements and tops/bottoms of pages clears a lot of confusion and more use of emoticons too.All the time learning mate :icon_e_geek: :icon_e_geek:Cheers, tonyb

To tony and mark im not gonna babble on about how much I dont know about forum etiquet? as this is all new 2 me as well. just want to to say have some of these :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ;):D ;D :icon_e_biggrin: :):P :-* :icon_lol: :icon_e_smile: :icon_e_wink: :icon_e_wink: :icon_e_biggrin: ;D :D;) :icon_e_biggrin: ;D :icon_lol: :icon_e_smile: :P ::) 8) :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_cool: :icon_cool: ;):D ;D >:([glow=red,2,300]oops[/glow] :icon_e_biggrin: ;D :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_smile: :icon_lol: good by from peelipeeli13 there has been another cod added to my tally today.

Gidday waterboyThis is the third bl**dy time i have tried to post this time >:( >:(Yes to Cod,one last wednesday night :), one last night just on dusk :D.using my bream luring outfit. These are only small fish about 12inches, 300mm from a small lake just out of Broken Hill, see my post in freshwater fishing/permit for south parra resevoir reply # 23. This lake was built by the mines in the 1970s and was open to the public for some years, unfortunately for numerous reasons it is now closed to the public :(, so most of the fishos run the gauntlet of security just to practice C/R it will be a sad day when they stop us going there altogether as our nearest fishing is 110kms at Menindee on the darling river. I have seen silvers and golderns of 14lb, 16lb taken from this lake.I will post some photos when i get it together.Where are you situated ? and where do you fish ? cheers peelipeeli 13