Baitcast rod for boat.

G'day crew. I'm looking for a light baitcast rod for KGs from the boat. Does anyone on here use a graphite baitcast rod for their whiting fishing?I've had a bit of a look around and Samaki make some rods in the 2-4 and 3-6kg range. This is the same weight range I use for spin gear, so I'm hoping overhead should be the same. Any advice gladly welcomed, and also suggestions in glass rods too. Will only use the rod for whiting and other small species out of the boat. Cheers, rooboy.

have a look on ebay i picked up a shimano biatcaster for 65$$ retails for 125$$ and you will find grafite rods as cheap as 7-10$$ in the 2-3kg range . i am currently using a similar set up for whiting and found them very good !!
quote="eeles" post=218734]ok just purchaed a rod and reel for whiting total cost 8$for the reel 7 $ for the rod plus postage will test them out on the port broughton whiting and squid and will report backcoorongmullie.jpgIMG_0774.jpg[/attachment]