best way to attach wire trace to 50lb mono

Use a decent brand swivel, (SAMPO comes to mind)main line to swivel then your wire. You didnt state if it was multi strand or single strand wire.Multistrand use again, good brand crimps,(with a good crimper, and perhaps 2 x crimps) if single strand wire, use a haywire twist..A hint for the multi strand wire, if you make a loop , then go back around that loop a few times, looks like an 'unpulled' knot then crimpHope this helps......7-49strandwire.jpghaywiretwist.jpgHookRigs.jpgshark-trace.gifwirecrimp.jpg

i have no idea how big i want to catch i have only ever got them as a by catch but i got a 24kg o/h rod and a tld50 so i am thinking i might as well try and find a decent size fish i was thinking a wind on might be what i need

i have no idea how big i want to catchI don't think we get much of a choice,it's whatever picks up the bait

50lb main line to 200lb mono leader the 200lb wire is what i run to my tld 25. The loop method that trihull mentioned will ensure that the knot does not come undone. then the old double crimp with one covering the end (tab) will stop accidental cuts to any mono. i often have 2 baits out. I use 2 x 8/0 or 1 x 10/0. the 2 x 8/0 for slender baits and then 1 x 10/0 for slab baits.my tld 25 holds enough 50lb mono to land anything SA has land based.enjoy