Went out for a fly this morning at Natimuk Lake. I waded out, slowly working around the timber and tree area's for a few hours. It was quite to start off. Then on the drop a trout smashed my fly. I put tention on the line and set the hook. She went crazy jumping out the water and taking some big runs. Then after a few leaps\runs it headed for the tree's. I waded out further towards the tree. The tree started shaking, I couldn't belive it. I pulled the rodtip up and tryed to pull her out and on the second attempt it launched up and off for another run. After another run and some head shakes she was in. My first trout on a fly. I was stoked, it was a epic battle and only just got her in. It will be a fight I will never forget! She was 45cm on the nose, I was using 4x with 4lb line to attach my fly, wich has frayed due to the tree. It was a great feeling landing this fish.Natimuk021.jpg I have a spare 9ft leader but I don't have the tool to attach it. I went to Horsham this arvo but they could help me out with the tool or attaching for me. Can anyone help? I don't really won't to use my old 9ft leader it's quite faded.

Nice fish, we'll done.You don't need a special tool, try Googling tube nail knot and such like, should turn something up.That said, to be worried about breakages, guessing you must have damaged the thin end of your leader. You can Just replace the damaged bit, doesn't need to be that technical, especially if your fishing wets. I would find where the leader is around 8 pound, cut it and tie on a length of 6 pound tippet.Good luck!