JUST BOUGHT A 2ND HAND USA MADE PENN SPINFISHER 9500 SS.

Guest Red Bull

Spinfisher 9500SS is the REAL DEAL :clap: They will handle just about anything,bullet proof reels.Like all Penn reels,you look after them,they look after you.Blokes have used these reels for anything over the years.........snapper, mullies , sharks , rays.......back in the mid 70's,they were being used for marlin from boats in NSW......."a new trend" at the time,spinning tackle for big game.$180 is a good price too if it's in good condition ;) Personally,I'd never sell mine B)

• 2 weeks later...

Yonks ago, before Daiwa, Shimano etc got their act together with their bigger eggbeater reals, Pen spin fishers were one of the go to reels on west coast beaches (for those that didn't use Overheads), and on offshore charters etc where big fish were the targets. The US made versions were solid as, I have a 750 and an 850, both bought in the 90's and they still get a run from time to time. Compared to today's high end reels, they feel very heavy and industrial, but they are bullet proof. I use them on my Daiwa em cast 9'6" and 7144 rods on the beach and on my equally old 6' glass snapper rods in the boat. Mates reckon these set ups are too heavy, but they weren't 10 years ago!

The spinfisher is penns flagship reel with many charter operators using them for years.I personally prefer the new model and in saying that as due to having owned both.They are a little outdated due to there weight but otherwise a tough reel.The kind of reel sitting most of it's time in a rod holder.