fishing the onkaparinga river, noarlunga

hi guysIve just started fishing the onkaparinga river and havent had any success yet catching any fish. I have been using spinners ( various types such as the little fresh water spinners, gold and silver coloured) I have only recently came to adelaide from the uk so i am not sure what is the best type of bait to use, most successful spinners and what fish there are in the river?I usually fish just under the motorway bridge and walk up and around were there is a little bridge and a carpark with public toilets. If anyone has any info that will help me it would be muchly appreciatedRob

Welcolm riot, there alot of people that are better than me to comment. I have alot of success in this estary but alot of other people can give you a more defined answer. Please remember that it is closed bream season upstream from the south road bridge. bait works well , prawns or white bait unwaited if you can but soft plastics and hard bodies has worked for me over the years. you just need to walk and find structure and holes and you will be ok. Dont know if the spinners are affective in this system but I will stand corrected , good luck mate and be aware of the billy blakes ( snakes )Blighty

Blood worm has been working well recently too . As was mentioned there is a closed bream season at the mo but downriver from south road bridge is ok . And between south rd and the bike path bridge (or old railway bridge) which is downriver has done alright lately . If you want to catch up for a fish just sing out . Good luck and welcome to the site .

hi blightmadi69 thank you for the response. can i ask what soft plastics and hard bodies are? is that a type of lure? I prefer the fresh water fishing (trout) coming from a fly fishing background and trout fishing I have resorted to using the bubble and fly and the spinners to no avail. I will try using the white bait and prawns and see how i go. Are there trout in the river do you know?

Blood worm has been working well recently too . As was mentioned there is a closed bream season at the mo but downriver from south road bridge is ok . And between south rd and the bike path bridge (or old railway bridge) which is downriver has done alright lately . If you want to catch up for a fish just sing out . Good luck and welcome to the site .

Hi JamesLet me know next time your doing a bit of fishing and I can join you that would be great. Is the bike path bridge the wooden one thats further up river?Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions

hi blightmadi69 thank you for the response. can i ask what soft plastics and hard bodies are? is that a type of lure? I prefer the fresh water fishing (trout) coming from a fly fishing background and trout fishing I have resorted to using the bubble and fly and the spinners to no avail. I will try using the white bait and prawns and see how i go. Are there trout in the river do you know?

There are trout a long way upriver.

Hi JamesLet me know next time your doing a bit of fishing and I can join you that would be great. Is the bike path bridge the wooden one thats further up river?Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions
No, the bike path bridge is the old railway downstream of the Main South Road bridge.