New Rig For Tommies etc.

Hey guys n gals,Since Christmas came and went, I've had a bunch of champagne corks and decided to put them to use, been wanting to make these rigs for a while now and finally got around to working it out!Did some buoyancy tests and it seems a 1.5oz sinker works quite well, so i started off with one of them and attached 2 swivels for attaching the pre-snelled neptune no.10 limerick hooks I had lying around. after a minute or so thinking i found a way of attaching the cork, i used a no.2 harness stitching needle and pliers to thread the line through the cork and terminated it with lumo beads and a swivel, done!I wouldn't suggest using a regular needle to thread the line through the cork, they're mostly not long or strong enough as even mine snapped on making the third rig! If you want a more versatile rig, you could use a feeder sinker instead, use fluoro or add more hooks if you feel like it, the cork should suspend baits up to about 2oz! I terminate all my rigs with a surgeon's loop for quick changing, so of course it's optional too.Without further ado, here's a pic of the general rig idea as i made it, feel free to try it out and improve it as you need!Posted ImageCheers,ShimsMan

Good rig.Also works for gar over a sandy bottom during the day' date=' such as henley, grange and semi jetties. I use a dropper loop to connect the hooks instead of swivels and use a burley spring instead of a sinker and also cut the cork in 2 and glue it either side of an unweighted burley spring.[/quote']Yeah, I figured it'd be successful for sandy or spooky gar too, only reason i don't use dropper loops is because they seem to weaken the line when I tie them; I also hate tying them. :laugh:I'm probably gonna try it with cat food, SR flour and gents in balls as burley bombs as opposed to feeder sinkers so as to limit tangles, but the next couple I make will have burley spring sinkers for convenience I reckon!