Razor fish in metro area

tons of razor fish in the port river' date=' spoke to a guy at the boat ramp he had buckets full, only had a tiny little boat an 12 litre tank so its in the port river.[/quote']I believe there is a warning out on eating any shellfish that come from the Port River. The fish in there are okay, but I wouldn't be eating any filter feeding creatures as they're the first ones to get chock full of heavy metals.If it's just for bait/burley though...

There are plenty of them in the metro area but I wouldn't advise eating razors from the metro area infact i'd warn you against it.They are filter feeders and the runoff metro is just too toxic to take the chance....this a can vouch for first hand after eating some a few years back i was sick for 6 weeks and had all the symptoms of heavy metal poisoning. cheers brenton

There are plenty of them in the metro area but I wouldn't advise eating razors from the metro area infact i'd warn you against it.They are filter feeders and the runoff metro is just too toxic to take the chance....this a can vouch for first hand after eating some a few years back i was sick for 6 weeks and had all the symptoms of heavy metal poisoning. cheers brenton

That a real bad experience with Razor. But i think should be ok to use as a bait especially now is whiting season.