Kayak fishing Adelaide metro

Hi All I've just been given a new fishing kayak with a fish finder all rigged up for fishing but I'm having some difficulty's knowing where I should be fishing and locating fish that I can target in my yak due to my lack in knowledge around the Adelaide metro area. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spots or fishing destinations I just need a hand to know what way I should be heading with kayak fishing.Thanks.

Start with where you are located.The general direction you should be heading is out to sea... :)Anywhere metro, just head out to the weed line, throw some squid jigs around... bingo.Berley over the weed patches might attract some gar and tommies.Bottom baits in the sand patches amongst the weed, you're in for some whiting possibly.Troll some lures over the weed/broken bottom for snook....There's lots of possibilities.

Kelvin - i was wondering if you were the same bloke as on akff, love your work mate!If your not that familiar with kayaking I would most definitely back what kelvin said and encourage starting off in either westlakes or the onk, the ocean can be a powerful and dangerous place! Seacliff is pretty much a beginners paradise in my opinion, it attracts huge numbers on the yaks so if you did wind up in trouble it is probable that someone would see you!I have also heard this about pt gawler, has anyone tried one further down ( Thompsons beach maybe?) would that be safer? In port gawler I know of two areas to launch, both look somewhat risky to leave the car behind at!