More cod and yellowbelly

Funds from the $4$ program in NSW....

The NSW DPI has reported that stocking of freshwater fish is commonly used to replenish fish stocks in areas where there have been declines, or to enhance recreational fishing at popular angling locations. Species such as golden perch, silver perch, Murray cod, Australian bass, brown trout, rainbow trout, atlantic salmon and brook trout are all stocked into the rivers and impoundments of NSW on an annual basis. Almost 50 million fish have been stocked into waterways of South-Eastern Australia since 1980.

http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/restocking-boosts-native-numbersTB

So lets get this straight.......the NSW gov stocks over 50 million natives into its waterways.....our gov has done nothing...........the floods may have washed some into our waterways, our fishing may improve a bit.Our gov pays some uni educated boffins tax payers dollars to work out how many may/may not of been swept down.Bit like a gatecrasher scabbing around the slops bucket of a keg [someone else payed for] at a party and getting payed for it.Pathetic.

So lets get this straight.......the NSW gov stocks over 50 million natives into its waterways.....our gov has done nothing...........the floods may have washed some into our waterways' date=' our fishing may improve a bit.Our gov pays some uni educated boffins tax payers dollars to work out how many may/may not of been swept down.Bit like a gatecrasher scabbing around the slops bucket of a keg [someone else payed for'] at a party and getting payed for it.Pathetic.

Lol funny but true, wouldnt it be a great deal cheaper to stock our own sections of the river. I dont see the economic value in this, its a bit like how long is a piece of string, surely you cant get a definative answer. :unsure:

So lets get this straight.......the NSW gov stocks over 50 million natives into its waterways.....our gov has done nothing...........the floods may have washed some into our waterways' date=' our fishing may improve a bit.Our gov pays some uni educated boffins tax payers dollars to work out how many may/may not of been swept down.Bit like a gatecrasher scabbing around the slops bucket of a keg [someone else payed for'] at a party and getting payed for it.Pathetic.

I may be wrong Cal, but I think Pirahna was dead set taking the piss when he put up that comment?I understood it as a completely fictional account of a scientific study Pirahna made up himself.TB

I may be wrong Cal, but I think Pirahna was dead set taking the piss when he put up that comment?I understood it as a completely fictional account of a scientific study Pirahna made up himself.TB
Sucked me in. :blush:

Sorry guys it was a joke :)I just made it sound a bit like one of their announcments :silly: the fact that it was believed to be true just goes to show the lack of confidence we have in our fisheries dept and government in general B)

Lol yeh it does because i thought "yeh this is typical"haha i may be dumb but i can lift heavy things Piranha, was tempted to fire off an email with expletive expletive expletive, so happy i didnt go that path now.
haha i may be dumb but i can lift heavy things Piranha' date='[/quote'] :lol::lol::lol: thats a pisser Grazz64 :laugh: I can see that in your profile pic, heavy things that is :)
Haha, Thanks mate was 27kg's caught on me 2500 Certate Hyper Custom spooled with 10kg braid.The only thing thats really tested it, eats Reds for breakfast and probably my best catch to date tbh.