hey all, my mate and i are thinking of towing the boat from Whyalla to Pt Augusta since the weather is supposed to be pretty crappy. we were thinking of chasing some bream mainly and maybe setting a livie for a Mulloway, maybe some squid and whiting, we're not really sure as neither of us have fished Pt Augusta. I am just after some general info about the waters such as sandbars or anything else we should look out for as well as a general point in the right direction as to where would be a good area to have a chance of catching something/anything. :)

Towed my boat from Adelaide to Pt Augusta chasing the infamous Kingies,You need to stick to the channel markers at least to the power station, there are some nasty sand bars either side of the channel.The "Shacks" are a good place to start, once past the Power Station look over to your right (heading away from Pt Augusta) and motor in towards them, with your sounder on, you will find some nice weed beds with big sandy patches , I would try there ....Hope this helps.....

yes i do agree with trihull stick to the middle of them like glue . Id be trying the power house wall for the kingies mate i have only eva hook 2 smaller ones but great fun . Either sit on the whyalla end about 50 to 100m out on a 45degree angle or if the wind is good and the tides are running in the right direction try a drift you could try around the hot water outlets . Worth a try i guess i have not heard any reports thoe . gotta try i guess