What line should I be using?

Thanks, I'm currently using 9lb mono line. Yesterday I was using blood worms for bait at Marino, didnt have any luck, I'm using a 6-8 kg rod, shud I be using a lighter rod? I'm pretty new to fishing and Adelaide and any advice or help of what tackle/bait to use and where to fish would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah 6-8 is a mully rod, not a yellowfin whiting. Grab a 2-4kg rod, something like a shimano raider ($120), daiwa crest spin ($90), pfluger trion ($120), or shimano sahara ($79). Cheaper if you get on special. BCF has two combos which are cheaper too, Shimano Sonic Pro rod with Sienna reel for $69, of a Shimano Solstace Catana combo for $99. Both are good combos to start with. Get a 7 foot rod and 2500 size reel. Spool it with 6-8lb braid or up to 10lb if you are worried about breaking strain. Braid tends to be a lot stronger than mono (but you do pay extra for it).Good luck

I can definitely vouch for the pfluger trion as a good whiting rod, i use it all round as a light setup. :)Off seacliff / marino where i frequent quite regularly, i opt for super light, 4lb braid and either 4 or 6lB leader. If you find the whiting hit or miss chuck on a berly spring and knuckle a few tommies, thats what i tend to do if there is no luck upon arrival. Of recent times my self personally have found it more active off the shoreline closer towards brighton than towards Marino.